Drum Noise on Royal Class Ships Deck 10 Forward

Griller

18 hours ago, Griller said:

But no cabins or decks between our cabin and 3 decks down the back of the stage area where the band play and where there are speakers blasting out.

Just one big fairly empty space sounding box. No doubt has various theatrical stuff hanging from the ceiling ready to lower as required.

Exactly right. We’ve had a similarly affected cabin on the Golden Princess two different times, so it’s not unique to the Royal Class ships. We could hear the different entertainment acts rehearsing and knew exactly which songs, and the order in which they would be played before we ever saw the show. It affects those cabins up to Caribe Deck on either side of the fireproof and water tight doors directly above the Princess Theater. 

It wasn’t a huge deal to us; we travel with ear plugs to deal with this sort of thing. But it would not be my first choice for a cabin location, and absolutely runs counter to the rationale that if you have a cabin above and below you, you’ll be all set, noise-wise. 

Years ago I was on the Sea Princess and loved the location of our cabin. I later booked a cabin 2 doors down on a sister ship for 2 weeks to Alaska (B2B). Worst decision ever. This room was over the Wheelhouse lounge (and so was the other room I had been in) and my room also vibrated from the noise from the band.

Our cruise was a B2B and there were no other rooms to move to. This was a known issue by Princess as my room steward pointed to 4 rooms that could "not only hear but feel the music". Thankfully, Princess found me a different and better room for the 2nd week. I slept the entire turnaround day because I hadn't slept the entire trip.

Here I thought I had first hand knowledge about a cabin's location and I was surprised 2 cabins away would make such a huge difference.