Confused over Early Saver and Non refundable...

Acheavacci

I am working with a TA because this is my first cruise and would like the guidance.  She booked me a non refundable rate with a $500 deposit and she did say that it is diff. from an Early Saver rate but didn't elaborate through email.   So I got on the Carnival Website which only allows me an Early saver rate with $250 deposit.  How are the two different?  BTW,  I have done a search on this website but there are not posts regarding Carnivals non refundable rates only Early Saver.  TIA

10 minutes ago, Acheavacci said:

I am working with a TA because this is my first cruise and would like the guidance.  She booked me a non refundable rate with a $500 deposit and she did say that it is diff. from an Early Saver rate but didn't elaborate through email.   So I got on the Carnival Website which only allows me an Early saver rate with $250 deposit.  How are the two different?  BTW,  I have done a search on this website but there are not posts regarding Carnivals non refundable rates only Early Saver.  TIA

I am not sure what rate this TA is using. FYI, even though Early Saver is 'non-refundable' thats really a little misleading. They dont refund your money, but they will give you your deposit back to use for another booking within two years, less a $50pp fee. Also, if you book direct with carnival they will often waive that $50pp fee (but they'll charge you for sure if you're booking through a TA)

You don't mention which ship, which sailing or length of itinerary, or how many people.  I can only assume a typical 7 day cruise, two people.  $500 for two is the normal deposit ($250 pp).  But there is an early saver sale going on right now, with deposits of only $50 per person.  Early saver does have more restrictions regarding cancellation compared to other rates.  So it looks like your TA booked you in with something else, if the deposit is $250pp.  Which should be a fully refundable deposit.

Carnival has a number of booking rates, which have varying amount of refundable vs non-refundable deposits.

See this webpage for lots of details of the various sales and rates:

https://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

Early Saver Sale for really low deposits (currently called the "5 Day Countdown" ES Sale) states the following, which applies to all "Early Saver" rates even with regular deposit rates, if I interpret it correctly:

A $50 change fee per guest will be assessed for ship and/or sail date changes made prior to final payment due date. Remaining funds are nonrefundable/nontransferable and will be held as a future cruise credit to be applied to your cruise fare on a sailing within 24 months from the date of cancellation. 

This page describes some more Early Saver details in general:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2705/~/early-saver-promotion

I'd ask your TA exactly what rate they booked you under.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Acheavacci said:

If you are working with a TA and they aren't explaining this to you then maybe you should not be working with that TA. 

• Like 1