Promotion Price Difference

Hi all! 

My boyfriend and I have been looking to book a cruise. When we looked on Tuesday, we saw a great deal on an 8 night Adventure of the Seas sailing April 27-May 5 of this year. Inside cabin for $1413. My boyfriend wanted to wait to book through AAA to get the extra perks, and I just went there today. Looks like the promotion we were looking at on Tuesday (the WOW sale) has expired, and there is a different promotion going on now for President's Day, bringing our total to $1719 instead. I would like to book anyway, for fear of the price going up again after this current promotion, but my boyfriend wants to wait to see if there is a better promotion that will happen after President's Day. My thought is that $300 is not going to make or break us, but if it keeps going up, we may have to choose a different cruise. Unfortunately, since the cruise is so soon, and requires full payment at this time, we cannot cancel and re-book or do price adjustments if prices happen to go down in the future. Looks like there were quite a few rooms left when we were going through the booking process. Should we chance it in hopes that prices will go back down, or book it now?

4 minutes ago, katiemylady said:

Hi all! 

My boyfriend and I have been looking to book a cruise. When we looked on Tuesday, we saw a great deal on an 8 night Adventure of the Seas sailing April 27-May 5 of this year. Inside cabin for $1413. My boyfriend wanted to wait to book through AAA to get the extra perks, and I just went there today. Looks like the promotion we were looking at on Tuesday (the WOW sale) has expired, and there is a different promotion going on now for President's Day, bringing our total to $1719 instead. I would like to book anyway, for fear of the price going up again after this current promotion, but my boyfriend wants to wait to see if there is a better promotion that will happen after President's Day. My thought is that $300 is not going to make or break us, but if it keeps going up, we may have to choose a different cruise. Unfortunately, since the cruise is so soon, and requires full payment at this time, we cannot cancel and re-book or do price adjustments if prices happen to go down in the future. Looks like there were quite a few rooms left when we were going through the booking process. Should we chance it in hopes that prices will go back down, or book it now?

The closer you get to a cruise date the more limited the supply of available cabins in any given category. You risk only being able to get a less-than-desirable cabin (or location) at the price point you are at now, or only being able to book the "best available" cabin at a much higher price. BTW, your boyfriend could have booked the cabin when you wanted to and then assigned it to AAA to manage (and probably would have picked up some of their perks).

On 2/15/2019 at 10:45 AM, katiemylady said:

Hi all! 

No ryme or reason. They change prices sometimes in just a few hours,up and down. But the closer you get the more you will pay.