Mani/Pedi on board experience?

MsYukon

Hi all- just realized I won’t have time to get a mani/pedi before I leave home for my PC on Jewel!  I will have 2 days in Miami before we board so wondering if I should get it done in Miami or on board.  I know it will be cheaper getting it done before we board but have some serious sight seeing planned in Miami.

Has anyone had a mani/pedi on board?  Did it hold up? Thoughts?

2 hours ago, MsYukon said:

I will have 2 days in Miami before we board so wondering if I should get it done in Miami or on board.  I know it will be cheaper getting it done before we board but have some serious sight seeing planned in Miami.

You'll be even busier on board - get it done in Miami.

I have done it but only once!  It was sooo overpriced.  I knew that going in but figured it would be a relaxing experience.  It was just like home but 4 times more lol.  Plus I was annoyed that I was wasting my cruise time in a nail salon and then having to wait for them to dry.  A massage would be another story.  I vote for do it on land!  Have a great cruise : )

My daughters and I always get a pedicure on board the first day.  It's kind of our cruise kick off.  Yes it is more expensive on board but it's a small splurge.  I tell them upfront I do not intend to purchase any extra and they don't push it.  I have found that they do hold up well. 

I had one on Anthem and didn't regret it. Not sure I would do it again because it was expensive but I enjoyed the experience and the tech did a fine job. Yes, they try to sell products but I made it clear I wasn't interested and that was that. 

I believe if you book both you get a discount on the second service. I've had both done and it held up well. I've never had an upsell on the mani/pedi but definitely have on other services. Also, if you can wait til a sea day they often have specials while in port. I'd recommend that if you have a color polish you really like, bring it along. Some of the salons have very limited color choices on board. The last time I went I brought a specific color because it matched my dress for formal night. The staff commented on it so much that I left it with them. All that being said, it is still expensive and you'll most likely find a cheaper fee on land.