Lety’s of PV

Kmoti5494

In Mazatlan we like to take a water taxi to Stone Island and the spend the day at Lety’s.  Our kids love boogie boarding and just playing in the water, my husband loves the loungers and shade, and I love the coconut shrimp and pina coladas. Can anyone recommend a similar spot in Puerto Vallarta?

13 hours ago, Kmoti5494 said:

In Mazatlan we like to take a water taxi to Stone Island and the spend the day at Lety’s.  Our kids love boogie boarding and just playing in the water, my husband loves the loungers and shade, and I love the coconut shrimp and pina coladas. Can anyone recommend a similar spot in Puerto Vallarta?

I’ve never been to Mazatlan, but have been researching Stone Island for our upcoming trip. Based on your description, I’d grab a taxi to Los Muertos Beach. There are many restaurants- just walk down the beach and stop at the one that appeals to you. Our family vacations in PV most years. We typically head to Langastino’s or La Caretta. Both have very good food and drinks and loungers. 

Hi,

IF you want a less expensive taxi in PV then walk outside of the port to the main street. On the left is a gas station where taxis stop. Agree on a price before you get in.

We take the taxi to the malecon(boardwalk) and then walk along the seafront across the little pedestrian bridge to Playa Los Muertos. IF you take the taxi all the way there it is more expensive.

IF you spend a beach day in Mazatlan you might want to consider doing something different in PV for a change.(JMO)

• 2 weeks later...

The price of taxi from the beginning of the Malecon to Los Muertos beach would only be about three dollars more.   It can be a long, hot walk all the way from the Malecon to Los Muertos so if you can afford a few dollars then take the taxi all the way there.

The bus stops close to the port terminal and only costs 10 pesos (exact change now on most of the buses).  Take a bus that says "Centro" on the window.

KroozNut.  We will be there next month.  We started off going to Viktor's with Randi.  Then we tried Lety's the last few times.  I would have no problem going back - great service, food, cold beer, clean facilities.  But, we are interested in checking out Molokay's.  How far down the beach is it in relation to Viktor's.  Thanks and Cheers.

15 hours ago, Bemidji Ty said:

KroozNut.  We will be there next month.  We started off going to Viktor's with Randi.  Then we tried Lety's the last few times.  I would have no problem going back - great service, food, cold beer, clean facilities.  But, we are interested in checking out Molokay's.  How far down the beach is it in relation to Viktor's.  Thanks and Cheers.

Molokay is not as far down the beach as Lety's or Victor's. Once you're on the beach from where the water taxi let's you off, maybe half a mile (at most) down the beach.

We like it a lot!

Not quite the same, but we enjoyed our day at Yelapa when we did a land based trip in PV. You need to take a water taxi there. We took the water taxi from Los Muertos. We did parasailing with beach launch and then ate and drank at the beach restaurant. 

Edited by chinita415
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chinita415 said:

Not quite the same, but we enjoyed our day at Yelapa when we did a land based trip in PV. You need to take a water taxi there. We took the water taxi from Los Muertos. We did parasailing with beach launch and then ate and drank at the beach restaurant. 

Hi chinita, Can you tell us a little more about your Yelapa experience? It sounds like something we'd enjoy doing next time we're in PV. We've been there many times, so most recently we've just headed to the Malecon for a stroll along the boardwalk. We typically grab some lunch and then head back to the ship.

For example, is the Yelapa experience doable from a cruise with limited hours ashore, or is this something that is better suited to a land based trip to PV such as yours?

Thanks..

12 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Hi chinita, Can you tell us a little more about your Yelapa experience? It sounds like something we'd enjoy doing next time we're in PV. We've been there many times, so most recently we've just headed to the Malecon for a stroll along the boardwalk. We typically grab some lunch and then head back to the ship.

For example, is the Yelapa experience doable from a cruise with limited hours ashore, or is this something that is better suited to a land based trip to PV such as yours?

Thanks..

You have to check water taxi times and port times. But I think feasible with a longish port day. I don't remember if there are water taxis closer to port. I think so because I vaguely remembered going to Los Muertos due to the schedule. It was maybe 20 mins from Old Town to Yelapa. We went specifically for parasailing. The scenery was way better than off Los Muertos. 

I just looked at my photos and time stamps. We got on the water taxi at 11am and left Yelapa at 5p. We took a walk to the waterfall through town and took photos there. Came back to the beach and did the parasailing for both of us. Then plopped under the umbrellas to have drinks (cocktail for me and mezcal for hubby along with cigar) and food.

water taxis schedules... Looks like Los Muertos is closest to port.  And it's a 40 minutes not 20 minutes ride. Feasible if timeframes ok.

http://www.yelapafun.com/about-yelapa/getting-to-yelapa/yelapa-water-taxi-information/

Edited by chinita415

8 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

chinita, thanks so much for the info and link. This is something we're definitely interested in doing on our next trip to PV for something different. :classic_smile:

¡De nada! And it's pronounced with a J sound "Jelapa." We won't go there on our cruise stop next month as we have a toddler and granny in a wheelchair in tow. Probably just Los Muertos and the Malecon for us.