Rotterdam Cruise Port

pinkdora1

Hi all,

We are docking in Rotterdam in June with an overnight stay, I was wondering how easy it is to get to the Anne Frank Museum from the cruise port?

P&O aren't offering it as an excursion so am wondering if it is because its to far away?

Thanks in advance

Do you mean the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam? I think it takes something like an hour by train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam (the fastest trains may be a bit faster than that), plus 10-15 minutes walk from Amsterdam Centraal station. If you ship is staying overnight in Rotterdam, you wouldn't have any time constraints.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Do you mean the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam? I think it takes something like an hour by train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam (the fastest trains may be a bit faster than that), plus 10-15 minutes walk from Amsterdam Centraal station. If you ship is staying overnight in Rotterdam, you wouldn't have any time constraints.

Timed tickets for the Anne Frank House go on sale exactly 2 months before. They go very quickly. There are no walk-ups allowed.

Edited by gnome12

1 hour ago, gnome12 said:

Timed tickets for the Anne Frank House go on sale exactly 2 months before. They go very quickly. There are no walk-ups allowed.

Indeed, but after that a few come available after that. So if you have no luck the 1st time, keep checking. Best of course after 9 a.m. Amsterdam local time.

1 hour ago, Globaliser said:

Do you mean the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam? I think it takes something like an hour by train from Rotterdam to Amsterdam (the fastest trains may be a bit faster than that), plus 10-15 minutes walk from Amsterdam Centraal station, get of at Westermakrt. That will take just over 10 minutes.. If you ship is staying overnight in Rotterdam, you wouldn't have any time constraints.

Instead of walking you can take tramnr. 13 or 17 from Amsterdam Centraal Station, get of at Westermarkt.  Cab or Uber is of course also possible.

The walk from CS is just over 15 minutes.