Checking luggage at Port AFTER my cruise...

Markmom18

Hi,

I might be going sightseeing for a few hours after my Carnival Cruise next month.  I won't know until the day we disembark. Is there a luggage hold area (Free OR Fee) right near Carnival Port?  One that doesn't need advance reservations.

Thank You,

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

If it's Nola, there is a place right at the pier to check luggage. You can then go explore. They will offer you a choice of coming back to the pier to pick up your luggage or, for an extra cost, they will deliver it to the airport. You do have to pick it up at the airport though. It doesn't get checked for you. At least, this is what they were doing in Nola 2 years ago when we did it. Things may have changed.

Hi,

I'm sorry I will be on the Carnival Dream, Port of New Orleans last weekend of March into April 2019. 

I need to correct my Cruises. But, Lo & Behold a new rule about length of past cruises came into being here on C.C.  I think if I correct my Dream sail date, I will lose my all my previous cruises. 

🌸🌸 Bobbi

13 hours ago, HeidiHo said:

If it's Nola, there is a place right at the pier to check luggage. You can then go explore. They will offer you a choice of coming back to the pier to pick up your luggage or, for an extra cost, they will deliver it to the airport. You do have to pick it up at the airport though. It doesn't get checked for you. At least, this is what they were doing in Nola 2 years ago when we did it. Things may have changed.

They were there a year ago when I sailed out of NOLA.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

Hi,

I might be going sightseeing for a few hours after my Carnival Cruise next month.  I won't know until the day we disembark. Is there a luggage hold area (Free OR Fee) right near Carnival Port?  One that doesn't need advance reservations.

Thank You,

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

I found this on the Port of New Orleans page. Let us know what they tell you. 

C1F159A1-1FA0-47C3-8BDA-6D5F62F5CDEA.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi NVR2,

Well, thank you so much!  Such an obvious resource too (the Port of NO), but I just didn't think of it. ☺️☺️

🌸🌸 Bobbi 

I'll look 👀 not the bagBnb too .....

Edited by Markmom18

Hi,

For anyone interested ......  bagBnb has 7 locations in NO.  As I've never been here, I'll need to look a little more to see if any if these locations are within walking distance of the Carnival port area.  

Thank you again NVR2! 😁

🌸🌸 Bobbi

No problem with the cost difference.🙂

I'm iffy about plans because I'd love to see a bit of N.O. With my son Mark (works on the Dream Fun Staff), but he won't know if gets time off the ship till last minute.  If he can't get off, I'm thinking I want to see a bit of N.O. Anyway.  I reserved a hotel & will fly out the day after the cruise ends.  I feel uncomfortable traveling alone in a city I've never been to though.