When does "Go xxxx" OBC post?

Kreative03

Asking as I try to figure out all of the OBC that is coming my way......

I bought after final payment on an Edge cruise yesterday. The TA allows booking with an automated system, which I did and selected the Edge with free Go Best. When i logged into my cruise planner today, I saw that i had $350 already available to spend -- which is more than Go Best, but significantly less than what the TA will be providing. Is this an extra windfall from Celebrity? When does the OBC from the perks actually show up? Any clues about this magical mystery OBC? Or should I leave it all alone and hope the upgrade fairy comes to visit me too 🙂

As you discovered the OBC from Celebrity has already posted.    The Go Best generally offers 150 pp and you may have picked up an additional non-refundable $50 as a special promotion the TA got you from Celebrity.  The refundable from you TA will usually post 48 - 72 hours after the beginning of the cruise.     Make sure you keep track of it as I have had to push celebrity to find some of my OBC's.   

It is to your advantage contact your agent and ask the question.   I also ask the TA to summarize their OBC on their receipt to me.

I've had the OBC from my TA post on day 1 of the cruise, and as late as day 4 (I inquired on day 2). In the latter case, Guest Relations was aware that the OBC from the TA hadn't yet posted (the TA is X's largest travel partner and many guests on board had similarly questioned its absence.)  It posted eventually. I always take a summary showing the OBC from both X and from the TA, but have never had to rely on it. It is good to have a back up showing your promised OBC just in case. Better safe than sorry. The OBC from the TA won't show up pre-cruise in your account, nor will it be available for use pre-cruise.