Yacht Club bookings now lose deposit at 120 days

Até

I think MSC would find early US bookings drop significantly if they start making YC deposits nonrefundable.  Most of my bookings were made at least 18 months out and I only do so because I  can take advantage of what I'm still told are refundable deposits.  I have no problem with increasing the YC deposit amount or the prior increase in deposit loss date.  If MSC feels too many people are abusing this benefit I'm sure they will make a change. That's what I've been nervously watching for. 

On 12/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, ranchette said:

I just booked a cruise in April 2022 and my confirmation states non refundable deposit.

I have a US booking confirmation from very late November that still shows YC deposit is lost at 120 days.  I've been calling since you posted and no phone agents have known about the new Terms and Conditions that are in agreement now and state YC deposits are non-refundable.  I haven't been able to get a manager to confirm and the booking agents tell me they have a new system that automatically shows them when a cancellation has a penalty.  So far none of mine fall into penalty.  Oddly they can't tell me whether a new YC booking has a non-refundable deposit unless I make a new booking with deposit and try to cancel.  Did you book with MSC USA?  If so I have a feeling MSC may have quietly changed the policy in December.

I made a reservation for the Yacht Club on 12/13/2020 for a 7 day sailing on 1/22/22 using the USA 800 number. The agent said the deposit was refundable and according to the confirmation that I received the deposit becomes non-refundable at 120 days prior to departure for the Yacht Club.

• 1 month later...

I am working on changing dates for a couple of our booked cruises in YC. Booked with TA . Agency is in Orlando and works with MSC quite a bit.
He still has not been able to get answer regarding deposit refunds.  he still stands by 120 day policy.

Yesterday, MSC suggested that we just cancel existing YC booking and book new date as new cruise.  We were concerned that new booking would result in non refundable deposit. Our existing booking (with $49ppdeposit)  

made last year has 120 day cutoff for refund.  Waiting to get confirmation of date and fare change for “new” cruise.

Wonder if anyone has had MSC confirm YC deposit is NON Refundable? (In US)

1 hour ago, phissy said:

I am working on changing dates for a couple of our booked cruises in YC. Booked with TA . Agency is in Orlando and works with MSC quite a bit.
He still has not been able to get answer regarding deposit refunds.  he still stands by 120 day policy.

Yesterday, MSC suggested that we just cancel existing YC booking and book new date as new cruise.  We were concerned that new booking would result in non refundable deposit. Our existing booking (with $49ppdeposit)  

made last year has 120 day cutoff for refund.  Waiting to get confirmation of date and fare change for “new” cruise.

We had a price drop last month and had to cancel our existing booking which had a $49 deposit as you did, and that was refunded. Unfortunately the rebooked cruise is with the higher deposit and it is non refundable. We also deal with an agency out of Orlando. 

On 15/12/2020 at 3:56 PM, Até said:

The last page of my latest booking confirmation looks like this.  YC deposit loss at 120 days.

Cancel.thumb.jpg.36a7ea0ff7f821e3dba0c7d3614b0545.jpg

We had an updated confirmation yesterday showing the correct OBC for the booking with that page added re the YC booking and deposit loss, question is does it apply to bookings made months ago ?

2 hours ago, phissy said:

In addition to ranchette above, RosieRoo posted MSC US told them YC deposit was now refundable.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2769658-booking-question/?tab=comments#comment-60709520

Edited by Até

31 minutes ago, sidari said:

We had an updated confirmation yesterday showing the correct OBC for the booking with that page added re the YC booking and deposit loss, question is does it apply to bookings made months ago ?

I made a change to a booking I originally made last Summer, the field that showed the deposit loss date changed from a date, 120days before sailing, to a question mark.  MSC probably doesn't yet know the legality of applying this non-refundable policy to older bookings made when deposits were refundable.  I'm keeping my old confirmation documents.

• Like 1