Carnival Pride Vibration questions

bbtbear

I've read on a few threads here about there being a lot of vibration at the back of the Carnival Pride. 2 questions:

1) can anyone confirm whether this was fixed when the ship was in dry dock?

2) can anyone confirm whether the cabin I currently have booked for August is far enough forward that it should not be a problem? I'm in cabin 8216. Here's a screen capture of where that cabin is in relation to the aft of the ship. Many thanks!

Capture.JPG

Probably won’t know till end of week as ship is on first sailing since dry docking.

Ive been in 6269, 7301, and 8200. Never had an issue with the vibration. Only time I noticed it was in MDR. I never felt it on lido or in serenity area.

• Like 1

In 2014 we were in 6196 more forward of your cabin and the vibration was awful. Anything we left on counters would eventually end up on the floor. I’m not sure what causes it but it seems to get down played on this board. Maybe the vibration isn’t on every cruise? I would never book again on the Pride unless I read that Carnival addressed and fixed the problem.

• Like 1

We were on the Pride Journey cruise in November. We had an Aft balcony. We really didn't feel any vibrations except for the last night. Found out later that Pride was running on one engine only. The cruise after us only made one Port before having to  return to Baltimore.

Karen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CentralNY1 said:

On the Pride now and the vibration is greatly diminished. The only place you feel it is in the aft dining room and it's almost imperceptible. 

This is just wonderful to hear! Thanks so much for giving this up to the minute feedback! Means so much!

We will be on the Carnival Pride in a few weeks for the 6th time and our 26th cruise since the 80's. For all but one of our cruises on the Pride, we have stayed in Aft balcony cabins on the Main Deck (4) a few doors away from the suites. The other cabin was one of the extended Aft balconies on Deck 5. Maybe we're just used to the feel of a ship but we never really noticed any vibration. We're accustomed to the noises, creaking and movement and it just doesn't really bother us. I don't know, maybe we've just been lucky or maybe by this time I finally have my sea legs. I feel bad for those folks who have had to deal with the vibration.

• Like 2

I similarly have sailed in the aft of the Pride (decks 6, 7 and 8 ) multiple times over several recent years and not experienced the level of vibrations mentioned by those who say it shook loose their teeth - not even in the dining room.  

Maybe we were lucky (or just oblivious).

Sounds like there are reports the supposed vibrations have been diminished so those sensitive to it could return.  The Pride is a wonderful little ship.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:43 PM, bbtbear said:

I've read on a few threads here about there being a lot of vibration at the back of the Carnival Pride. 2 questions:

1) can anyone confirm whether this was fixed when the ship was in dry dock?

2) can anyone confirm whether the cabin I currently have booked for August is far enough forward that it should not be a problem? I'm in cabin 8216. Here's a screen capture of where that cabin is in relation to the aft of the ship. Many thanks!

Your stateroom is far enough forward, we have stayed in staterooms just forward of the stairs and didn't feel the vibration that we did in the MDR.  I hope the other posts are correct and it was addressed during dry dock!   

On 2/21/2019 at 12:26 PM, CentralNY1 said:

On the Pride now and the vibration is greatly diminished. The only place you feel it is in the aft dining room and it's almost imperceptible. 

A small update...the vibrations were very noticeable yesterday when the seas were a bit rough and seemed to worsen the higher on the ship. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CentralNY1 said:

A small update...the vibrations were very noticeable yesterday when the seas were a bit rough and seemed to worsen the higher on the ship. 

I hope you will write a review of the Pride fresh out of dry dock.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JMAE said:

I hope you will write a review of the Pride fresh out of dry dock.

I usually don't do a review but I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.  I will say that the ship looked great after drydock, however work was still being completed in many guest areas (many contractors were still aboard during our sailing and a few said they may be staying on for another voyage).

• Like 1

I was on it last week (out of dry dock) and we had three connecting balcony cabins - 6130, 6132, 6134.  We didn't notice any vibrations. We had sailed the pride in 2007 out of CA and our dining room table had awful vibrations then but we had no issues at dinner - even on the last day with rough seas and high winds.