Small differences in charges I noticed on the Jade

Peachypooh

We just cruised the Jade and also had cruised her just a year before. Here are some of the

changes I noticed. All are very  small but taken fleet wide could really add to their profits.

1. We used to get a latitudes discount on almost everything in the gift shop.

Now it is only on NCL logo items (I asked if this was a change since I didn't trust my

memory and they said yes)

2. We were in a cabin that got unlimited water. Last year the butler put a gigantic amount

(like 15 bottles in our cabin stuffed into nooks and crannies). Now the butler only brought an extra bottle

or two when he saw we were basically out. Are they afraid of people giving it to their friends? We knew

enough not to bend the rules that way. The free unlimited cans of soda were the same.

3.Last year when we ran out of shampoo the cabin attendant gave us 4 or so bottles. I had to ask this

time and was given two teeny tiny bottles that were half the size of the regular ones. I don't take unopened

toiletries home with me but perhaps they are worried people will? Also stingy with the toilet paper rolls.

And no cotton balls in the cotton ball canister and no q tips until the last day.

4. Only one set of Platinum vouchers even if two people in cabin are Platinum except

you each do get a bag of free laundry.

There are a few more and I would think it was petty of me to complain

about any one of these  but I think this type of cutting back can probably bring a decent amount of extra revenue.

The only items that really bugged me were the water and toilet paper. LOL

The discount in the shops got changed to logo merch about 3 years ago.  Cotton balls and q tips should be there - we had them on Escape in June unless a recent change.

Water, we've had that too (and soda).  We've had butlers keep us pretty well stocked but the last trip we had to keep "reminding" butler to replenish.  It also seems towards the end of the trip they let it dwindle down to nothing on previous trips.  

26 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

We just cruised the Jade and also had cruised her just a year before. Here are some of the

changes I noticed. All are very  small but taken fleet wide could really add to their profits.

1. We used to get a latitudes discount on almost everything in the gift shop.

Now it is only on NCL logo items (I asked if this was a change since I didn't trust my

memory and they said yes)

2. We were in a cabin that got unlimited water. Last year the butler put a gigantic amount

(like 15 bottles in our cabin stuffed into nooks and crannies). Now the butler only brought an extra bottle

or two when he saw we were basically out. Are they afraid of people giving it to their friends? We knew

enough not to bend the rules that way. The free unlimited cans of soda were the same.

3.Last year when we ran out of shampoo the cabin attendant gave us 4 or so bottles. I had to ask this

time and was given two teeny tiny bottles that were half the size of the regular ones. I don't take unopened

toiletries home with me but perhaps they are worried people will? Also stingy with the toilet paper rolls.

And no cotton balls in the cotton ball canister and no q tips until the last day.

4. Only one set of Platinum vouchers even if two people in cabin are Platinum except

you each do get a bag of free laundry.

There are a few more and I would think it was petty of me to complain

about any one of these  but I think this type of cutting back can probably bring a decent amount of extra revenue.

The only items that really bugged me were the water and toilet paper. LOL

agree about the TP it is paper thin, but what does paper thin mean if we are talking tp. We just got off the Dawn. AS for vouchers, I didn't notice any difference this past weeks than what we have gotten the past few years; the same with the water. The only getting discounts on logo items, this has been in effect for many years. It isn't new by any means. What we did notice this time was they only had the main latitude party and no special one for platinum an platinum plus but that could partially be due to 9 ports in 10 days. We only had one sea day and that was the first day out. 

Aside from the discount restriction made many years ago, I view these as waste reduction efforts, not cutbacks.

Smart to impliment changes like these rather than sweeping eliminations or fare increases that seems to cause the masses to more easily riot.  

The best part of the OP’s complaint: “stingy with the TP”.  I literally laughed out loud.

• Like 1

As has been stated above, the discount being on logo items only has been the case for some time. The benefits list from before the benefits all changed (which happened over two years ago now) states that the discount then was on NCL logo items.

I also can’t see how the number of latitudes vouchers in the room will have changed from a year ago. It has been one per room since the latitudes changes. It’s fairly irrelevant anyway, as the number of items is the same regardless. For example, the package now has two meal vouchers rather than previously both people got a voucher for one meal.