Aristocat Charters Norman Island and the Indians shared Charter was awesome!

shadowmeboy

Hey all!

We recently went on a Norwegian Bliss cruise that stopped in Tortola and we did a shared charter through Aristocat Charters. It was awesome! Well worth the 125/pp with Kids being less. Check them out (https://aristocatcharters.com/) Lunch and drinks are included. Snorkel gear for adults and kids is included. We had 22 people and the boat did not feel crowded.

I will definitely be using them again, the next time we go to Tortola.

Below is a video, I put together of our day with Aristocat. 

• 2 weeks later...

Question... When you say "shared charter" do you mean something organized with a group online or a "you make a reservation for a space on a boat where there will be others" kind of thing? Because I'm really interested in something like this, but I travel solo and have not had good luck with group-organized things in the past. But if this is similar to Soualiga Destinations on St. Maarten where you reserve a spot on a boat with a set number of people and the owners do the organizing, I'm definitely interested.

On 3/3/2019 at 5:10 PM, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Question... When you say "shared charter" do you mean something organized with a group online or a "you make a reservation for a space on a boat where there will be others" kind of thing? Because I'm really interested in something like this, but I travel solo and have not had good luck with group-organized things in the past. But if this is similar to Soualiga Destinations on St. Maarten where you reserve a spot on a boat with a set number of people and the owners do the organizing, I'm definitely interested.

It’s the second one. You book online at their website. They take a max of 30. Boat can hold 40, but they want people to be able to move around. We had 25, and we had plenty of room! They require a minimum of 10 for each sailing.

13 hours ago, shadowmeboy said:

It’s the second one. You book online at their website. They take a max of 30. Boat can hold 40, but they want people to be able to move around. We had 25, and we had plenty of room! They require a minimum of 10 for each sailing.

Thanks! I may give it a try! I have heard great things about them but thought they were all 100% private charters which I could never afford as a solo!

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this!  Looks pretty perfect to me!  I looked at several catamaran rentals and pretty sure we will be going with Aristocrat. Communication with Dee has been great. We are a party of four adults and this is a first visit to Tortola for all of us. Deciding on the snorkeling vs Baths is a big question. We know that this is some of the best snorkeling in BVI, but also the Baths are unique. So what to do. 

My my only concern is that we will be the only ship in port.  I have posted on our roll call for any interest, but quite honestly our roll call is very inactive, so I worry that there may not be 10 people, which is the lowest minimum that any catamaran requires. 

• 3 months later...

Also remember that not everyone on your ship is on Cruise Critic, and a lot of people look at Trip Advisor and other sites to find their excursions.  Also, there are people who are staying on the island for their vacation who could be. Poking.  Don’t give up heart!