What kind of jacket is issued for Alaska cruises?

SLSD

Our TA asked me specifically our sizes as the jackets are being provided by SB for this repositioning voyage which spends a lot of time in Alaska.  I would  suggest you check with SB yourself as well.  Don't rely on information from my TA.  

I just called Seabourn directly and am delighted to find out that the jacket is indeed provided for the Kobe to Vancouver segment.  Very generous of Seabourn. 

The helpful SB agent also told me that those Alaska jackets run small and are designed to be worn over a sweater, so they are suggesting that guests order the next size up.

Edited by sfvoyage
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sfvoyage said:

The helpful SB agent also told me that those Alaska jackets run small and are designed to be worn over a sweater, so they are suggesting that guests order the next size up.

But they're also unisex sizing (except for a slightly oddly measured "women's plus") so make sure you look at the measurements when making that decision. The information is online (this is the site I just googled but it looks like what SB sent us for ordering prior to our cruise) https://seabourn.shiptoshoretraveler.com/parkaform-ak 

As I noted earlier, given that we're from multiple countries (and that esp women's sizing is ALL over the place) it's really helpful to look at actual numbers for chest & hips when choosing. I don't really trust their "women's conversion" - just used the given measurements and figured out how much extra room I'd want for wearing over layers....

Do not worry about sizes.  Everyone is given the opportunity to go to the "great coat exchange" the morning after embarkation and try different sizes.  You bring the coat they left in your suite with you and exchange it for a new one.   

BTW - we had requested a medium and a large and they left two extra-large in the suite.  (maybe they anticipated how much weight we would gain during the cruise!)  So we just exchanged them the next morning.  So just order whatever sizes you want, it doesn't matter. 

Edited by marazul

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2019 at 3:48 PM, marazul said:

So just order whatever sizes you want, it doesn't matter. 

It's worth noting that they don't have an unlimited supply of every size onboard, so while you'll have the opportunity to exchange for a different size, it's not guaranteed they'll have the size you want if you happen to get there late in the exchange time slot. So do try to guess and order the right size from the start to try to avoid the small percentage chance that you won't be able to exchange for a desired size onboard.

• Thanks 1