In the Breakaway Haven, can I make hot chocolate or tea in my in-suite coffee maker?

rabidstoat

I'm booked in the Haven on the Breakway next week. Now, I know there's a fancy coffee maker or espresso thingie in the room, but I don't drink coffee. Can it be used to make hot chocolate, are there pods for that? Or hot tea?

I know I've seen K-cups for hot chocolate and hot teas, but: a) do they stock them for whatever type of machines are in the Haven suites; and, b) even if so, would everything just end up tasting like coffee anyway because of all the past guests using it to make their coffee?

11 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

I'm booked in the Haven on the Breakway next week. Now, I know there's a fancy coffee maker or espresso thingie in the room, but I don't drink coffee. Can it be used to make hot chocolate, are there pods for that? Or hot tea?

I know I've seen K-cups for hot chocolate and hot teas, but: a) do they stock them for whatever type of machines are in the Haven suites; and, b) even if so, would everything just end up tasting like coffee anyway because of all the past guests using it to make their coffee?

There are thingies (little bags in pyramid shaped containers) with tea that our concierge brought to us on request.  Various flavors including Earl Grey and some herbals, as I recall.  The machines are not K-Cups (Nespresso I think), so those won't work but you can get hot water from the machine.  There are hot chocolate packets in the coffee service by the Haven pool, with cups and hot water.  And also in the buffet although I didn't really go in there other than to get a bowl of fruit salad for my cellmate.

I didn't find that the machine gave lingering flavors from previously used coffee.

I loved the Haven on the Breakaway.  Have a great trip.

27 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

This is NOT a K-Cup machine. It is a Nespresso. And they have Pyramid teas (which sell for $2 a bag at the coffee shop, so bring your big ziplock and collect tea morning and afternoon). 

image.thumb.png.23bb0a08b01c8886b15fe560dd4e319d.png

image.png.b20eabefba238dc38fd658e80cd4f64d.png

image.png.2a88e56b04fbb15b353682ac71decb25.png

26 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

This is NOT a K-Cup machine. It is a Nespresso. And they have Pyramid teas (which sell for $2 a bag at the coffee shop, so bring your big ziplock and collect tea morning and afternoon). 

I don't think the OP said they thought it was a Keuring (K-cup) machine.  They said they know there is hot chocolate and tea K-cups and wondered if there were Nespresso hot chocolate or tea pods.  But, as posted above, the Nespresso will make hot water for hot chocolate and there is tea (and if you are collecting tea in zip lock bags I would think your butler realizes you are not drinking that much tea unless you are also staging dirty cups LOL  How do you face the butler?  They must be saying OMG stays in the Haven and steals tea bags? 😂 Too funny!  I wouldn't recommend that myself!)

Edited by pcakes122

1 hour ago, rabidstoat said:

Hooray, great news! Thanks for the response, here's to hoping my machine doesn't have lingering coffee flavor.

We didn’t notice a coffe taste in our tea. You can ask for tea or hot chocolate  packs  and use the hot water feature. 

You will LOVE the Haven.  

11 hours ago, rabidstoat said:

Hooray, great news! Thanks for the response, here's to hoping my machine doesn't have lingering coffee flavor.

Here is a tip to avoid this. Flush the machine before you use it just for hot water. It doesn't take much, perhaps a half cup of water. First turn  on the machine. Then hit the little cup icon either small or large. When it stops flashing hit

the button again and the water will drain into the cup. Dump the water, rinse the cup and then do it again and you

will have fresh water. I do this all the time for tea. If nobody uses the machine after you then no need

to flush it again. Only at the beginning of your stay and after anyone uses it for coffee. I bring my own tea bags and

hot chocolate packets from home but you can get them from the buffet if you want.