My Time Dining on the Allure

lukydog

We have signed up for MTD on the Allure.  On Royal's website it lists dining time beginning at 6 PM.  I was on the Cruise Planner wanting to make dining reservations, but each night listed the first time able to reserve as 6:45.  Are reservations required?  Can you just go to the dining room at 6 PM without a reservation?  Any info on how Royal does their My Time Dining would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, lukydog said:

We have signed up for MTD on the Allure.  On Royal's website it lists dining time beginning at 6 PM.  I was on the Cruise Planner wanting to make dining reservations, but each night listed the first time able to reserve as 6:45.  Are reservations required?  Can you just go to the dining room at 6 PM without a reservation?  Any info on how Royal does their My Time Dining would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

You can make standing reservations, different reservations each night, walk up without reservations, or combinations, all your choice.

We had reservations for different times every night. One day we showed up a little early, one day we showed up a little late and one day we cancelled our reservation and just showed up when we were ready. We never had to wait and we always had the same wait staff. It was great!

I made reservations for MTD for the evenings we are not in a specialty restaurant.  I'd prefer to not stand on the long line of people waiting to be seated.  If the first time you're seeing on the website is 6:45, it means the earlier times are all taken.

2 hours ago, footballmp said:

Make a reservation for Solarium Bistro one night.  No charge if MTD.

There is no charge for Solarium bistro no matter what dining you have. 

Also Allure does not have Solarium Bistro in the evening.  It changes to Samba a specialty restaurant. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

On 2/23/2019 at 7:00 PM, lukydog said:

NO reservations are not required.  We rarely make reservations.  We go eat when we feel like it. That is the beauty of MTD.  Rarely do we wait more than 5 minutes for a table.  If you really want reservations, go down the first day after you board and do it then, but like I said, we just go when we want to and it is never an issue.

There were some times when the line without reservations was very long.  We were glad we had reservations on those nights.  Other nights there were no lines at all.  I would make reservations just in case.  You can always change them or cancel them if you decide the times don't work once you get on the ship.  I hope this helps!