Advice on Kids Programs

rwilk1129

We are taking our son, daughter in law and their 4 kids on a spring break cruise next month. Kids ages are twins 13yrs old, a 15yrs old girl and 17yr old girl. We have never taken children on a cruise before and none of them have been on a cruise before. Should we sign them up for the Carnival kids programs? Any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cruise will be 5nights on Paradise if that matters.  Thanks

The twins will be in Circle C together and the older two girls will be together in Club O2. At the very least, take them to the orientation at each club the first night and get them signed up. They can choose to not visit the club at all after that if they don't want to but it at least gives them the option to hang out there if they want to. The club leaders are usually really great and they do fun things like scavenger hunts, dance off competitions, lip sync battles, crafts, games, etc. My kids have made friends with kids on each cruise we've gone on. It's a great way to meet kids from all over the world. My DD14 had a blast on our last cruise with a girl from England and they still send each other Instagram messages with their little inside jokes. 🙂

They should go the first night to meet other teens.Whether they stay with the teen program or end up meeting friends and doing activities on their own is up to them.

Each teen is different in how they handle new social situations.

You can also go to the Roll Call section on this site and talk with other families before the cruise.

The teens can also then talk to the other teens on other social media sites as well if they like.

I agree with everyone else here.  My teenage son usually goes a couple of times to meet people, and then they start hanging out elsewhere.  We've never traveled with Carnival before - this summer will be our first Carnival cruise - but that's my experience from NCL and MSC.

I have 3 boys, and we’ve been cruising since they were little. When they got older, we make them go the first night to check it out and meet the other kids. They always have a great time. Even if they are not hanging out in the club, they meet up for pizza, ice cream, mini golf...just to talk.

My oldest son became friends with a girl from FL, and we are from PA. They stayed in touch through social media. When we went college visiting, he went to see her for the day.... he’s now 20 and they’re still friends! 

We are going on the Breeze in August and my twins will be 16. They will go to the club 02 the first night to check it out. Hopefully, they will meet some kids. My oldest will be just 21... he’s excited for that! 😂

Yep! Another one who agrees with the others. Have them all go to their respective clubs, which are usually around the same place anyway, and check in on the first night. Then they'll be registered so they can do things if they want. And they'll be able to meet other teens to hang with.