Specialty dining perk question

andymattmom

We are booked on the Breakaway. We have 2 cabins and everyone has the specialty dining perk (3 restaurants). I was booking my dining reservations and since I have 2 different cabin reservations can I just book a table for 4 under one cabin? Hope that makes sense- since reservations aren’t linked. 

7 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

We are booked on the Breakaway. We have 2 cabins and everyone has the specialty dining perk (3 restaurants). I was booking my dining reservations and since I have 2 different cabin reservations can I just book a table for 4 under one cabin? Hope that makes sense- since reservations aren’t linked. 

Yes this is exactly the best way to do it. No need to link reservations all you have to do is turn up together and tell the maitre d’ that you all wish to use your speciality vouchers. 

If if you know where you want to eat then make all your reservations as early as possible, less to stress about once onboard which means more time for relaxing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, R4zb3rry said:

Yes this is exactly the best way to do it. No need to link reservations all you have to do is turn up together and tell the maitre d’ that you all wish to use your speciality vouchers. 

If if you know where you want to eat then make all your reservations as early as possible, less to stress about once onboard which means more time for relaxing. 

So I can make then prior to boarding correct? We sail in May and I was able to book them just now- Cargney twice and Moderno. The post above yours totally confused me. I did book the way you said - party of 4 then we each show our card . 

21 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

You need to link your reservations in your cruise planner than you can book for everyone.  We usually have two or three cabins and do this.  With the package you don't make the reservations for the specialty restaurants.  They assign you one and put a slip in your cabin then you go and make the other ones and change the first one if you wish.  You could also go to a specialty restaurant when you board and see where you are assigned and do it then to beat the crowd.

Are you getting mixed up with another cruise line. That isn't how it works with NCL at all.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, andymattmom said:

So I can make then prior to boarding correct? We sail in May and I was able to book them just now- Cargney twice and Moderno. The post above yours totally confused me. I did book the way you said - party of 4 then we each show our card . 

Yes you can make bookings in advance, as stated in the post you quoted. Ignore the other one, it is completely wrong.

There is some detail about this all in the link in my signature.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HOSKI said:

You need to link your reservations in your cruise planner than you can book for everyone.  We usually have two or three cabins and do this.  With the package you don't make the reservations for the specialty restaurants.  They assign you one and put a slip in your cabin then you go and make the other ones and change the first one if you wish.  You could also go to a specialty restaurant when you board and see where you are assigned and do it then to beat the crowd.

Incorrect. 

There is no Cruise Planner for NCL

You do not have to link reservation. 

With th the package, you MUST make reservations and they do NOT assign one for you. 

One person just books a table for 4. NCL does not care who is sitting in the seat. 

Edited by BirdTravels

19 minutes ago, ColonieCruiser said:

I made a reservation for 4 people in the time slot I wanted.....but there is only 2 of us.....will this be a problem?

It can be,  most likely it will not be a problem as they usually put 2 people on a 4 top table.

I just called today to cancel and get some help with my three dining reservations. We also have the free dining perk. We have a group of 5 and she told me to book for either 4 or 6, if the five was not available. 

It is then important to go to guest services at least 24 hours in advance if we booked for 6 to clear it up so we are not charged for that extra person. If we booked for 4 then there is no risk of a charge, but we still need to get it fixed at guest services on ship. 

So so according to her, if you booked for four then you could risk getting charged for two extra people. At least that’s how I understood her. 

28 minutes ago, ZsaZsa2019 said:

So so according to her, if you booked for four then you could risk getting charged for two extra people. At least that’s how I understood her. 

it depends on the restaurant. For the fixed priced restaurants like teppanyaki that do have an upfront charged, then yes you have to cancel if there is less people or do you risk being charged. for the al la carte, there is no risk of being charged extra because you are only charged for what you consumed and the charge is usually at the end of the meal. With the dinning perk, make sure the recipe at the end of the meal says $0.00

Edited by shof515