C&A Extra Point Solo Cruise

nws2002

Is this still a thing? As in, if I book a normal (non-solo) cabin as travel alone I get two C&A points per day?

I took a solo cruise in May of last year and had to email them to have them post the extra points. I just realized my December cruise only has 4 points and not 8, so I emailed them about that. My cruise this past weekend was solo and in a suite, which I think means 3 points per day but I bet I'll have to email them to get that posted correctly too. Do you always have to email and request the extra points for being a solo cruiser?

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

I don't, but some people do.  😄  

It's worth it to call for the extra points.

For sure will be worth it, I'll move up to Platinum, which I know doesn't have a ton of extra perks but it is nice to be something other than Gold, haha.

• Like 1

I always have to call to get my double points.  Yes, it is the only way I have gotten  credit for the double cost.  Flip side, I made Diamond more quickly...o just wish I was more of a drinker to the full benefit.  I have not seen much offered to diamond outside of the free happy hour drinks.   Cruise on fellow solo travelers! 🕶🚢🍍🌞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Setting Sail Gal said:

I always have to call to get my double points.  Yes, it is the only way I have gotten  credit for the double cost.  Flip side, I made Diamond more quickly...o just wish I was more of a drinker to the full benefit.  I have not seen much offered to diamond outside of the free happy hour drinks.   Cruise on fellow solo travelers! 🕶🚢🍍🌞

Free pictureand 24 hour internet comes to mind.

Edited by frank808

4 minutes ago, kaykay67 said:

So I called yesterday regarding double points for single occupancy and was told I would only receive 1 point per night ! Did they change this? I was told only suites would receive double points.

Unless you were in a studio type stateroom, you should have received an extra point per night.

1 hour ago, kaykay67 said:

So I called yesterday regarding double points for single occupancy and was told I would only receive 1 point per night ! Did they change this? I was told only suites would receive double points.

Did you talk specifically to C&A?  I hope you just got someone who didn't know this rule.  

1 hour ago, kaykay67 said:

If you were not in a studio... call back and get someone in C&A who knows what they are talking about. 

9 hours ago, Setting Sail Gal said:

I always have to call to get my double points.  

FYI, it is not "double points."

It is 1 point per night to cruise.  Plus 1 point per night if solo in a cabin for two.  Plus 1 point per night in a suite, including JR suites.

Double would imply 4 points per night total for a solo suite.

2 hours ago, kaykay67 said:

It may be terminology.

As my post above, it is not "double points," it is 1 point per night extra for solo or a suite.

I've had to call or email them to correct the points around three quarters of the time. It might have to do with how you booked, I've always booked online. There have been times where the person making the change for me has added a note to my future reservations that I was sailing single. Those sailing always came out with the correct points.

Just now, kaykay67 said:

I'll call again! Also, we have a room and my adult son has his own room.  Thinking of flip flopping he and my husband so my husband can get double points.  Willl this work?

It will but unless he really needs his own he'll always get your status so I'd book whoever is closest to the next tier between the 2 of us in the solo cabin or leave it as your adult son since now he can't just use your status too 🙂

9 minutes ago, kaykay67 said:

I'll call again! Also, we have a room and my adult son has his own room.  Thinking of flip flopping he and my husband so my husband can get double points.  Willl this work?

Sure, but it's not necessary since your husband shares your point total.

I'm sorry! I'm a little brain fogged today lol!  My husband and I currently have a room booked and my son has his own room booked (solo).   If I flip flop their names it will appear as though my husband is staying in a solo room and my son staying with me, should my husband receive double points?