Transatlantic cruise - beverage package?

bebe08

We have never done a Transatlantic cruise...I am looking at the FLL to BCN cruise on the Infinity this April as a possibility.

I have read that beverage packages are not typically given as a perk on these cruises, however can you still buy a beverage package or is it strictly pay as you go?  We aren't totally committed to this cruise...just doing some research to see what the "total" cost will end up to be.  We have always had a beverage package as a perk, so need to factor in the cost.  TIA

An alcoholic beverage package on a transatlantic is going to be very expensive, even if you can find a decent sale price for it. I'm booked on the Aug 2, 2020 Iceland & Greenland transatlantic, and right now all beverage packages are standard pricing ($69/night for Premium alcoholic beverage, $59/night for Standard, $22/night for Premium Non-Alcoholic, etc.).

For 14 nights, even the Premium Non-alcoholic package is going to be costing me $363.44 per person after 18% gratuity is tacked on. This is most likely all that I'll get, so we can all get our daily lattes / cappucinos, bottled water, Pellegrino / Perrier water, etc. Just one Premium alcohol package on that trip would be $1,139.88 after 18% auto-gratuity, which is way more than I'm willing to lay out; especially when I consider that I have only 6 sea days on this trip, so "keeping up" would be really difficult.

If your transatlantic is the more typical kind with a ton of sea days, an alcohol package might work out better for you, but it's still a big up-front expense. Might still be better to go with a non-alcoholic package and pay for your cocktails and wine/beer a la carte.

34 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

We have never done a Transatlantic cruise...I am looking at the FLL to BCN cruise on the Infinity this April as a possibility.

I have read that beverage packages are not typically given as a perk on these cruises, however can you still buy a beverage package or is it strictly pay as you go?  We aren't totally committed to this cruise...just doing some research to see what the "total" cost will end up to be.  We have always had a beverage package as a perk, so need to factor in the cost.  TIA

I'm on this Transatlantic that you referenced. 

In my cruise planner on Celebrity's website, the premium beverage package is currently on sale for $34.50 per person per day. Classic package is $29.50 per person per day.

Hope this helps.

😎

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Palms2Pines2Sea said:

In my cruise planner on Celebrity's website, the premium beverage package is currently on sale for $34.50 per person per day. Classic package is $29.50 per person per day.

Hope this helps.

😎

oh wow good to know!!

3 hours ago, Palms2Pines2Sea said:

Hope this helps.

😎

This is how we bought beverage pkgs for a TA. They are sold onboard, but not at that rate. Even at the $35 plus gratuity it is a hefty chunk of change for 2 weeks. In fact, that cost pushed us to schedule a cruise in a suite to push us over the edge into Elite.

There were a huge number of Elite and above guests on the TA, many (?most?) without beverage pkgs. We like the World Bar anyway, but we rapidly became the bartenders best friends because they had very little business.

You make a good point about being Elite...we are not quite there yet.  One more cruise will get us there.  Do Elite perks apply on Transatlantic/repositioning cruises?  From what I understand we would get 3 free drinks a day once Elite, but must be used between 5 - 7 pm?  Might make more sense financially to hold off on a TA until we are Elite...then we could manage without a beverage package. 

Decisions, decisions!!

5 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

You make a good point about being Elite...we are not quite there yet.  One more cruise will get us there.  Do Elite perks apply on Transatlantic/repositioning cruises?  From what I understand we would get 3 free drinks a day once Elite, but must be used between 5 - 7 pm?  Might make more sense financially to hold off on a TA until we are Elite...then we could manage without a beverage package. 

Decisions, decisions!!

$35 a day is a no brained for us.

The  Elite drink benefits is even better now as it is unlimited from 5-7 PM on all but two days.  (Embarkation and Senior officer party days). The drinks are from a special menu of drinks.

The benefit is included on Reposition cruises.

51 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

The  Elite drink benefits is even better now as it is unlimited from 5-7 PM on all but two days.  (Embarkation and Senior officer party days). The drinks are from a special menu of drinks.

The benefit is included on Reposition cruises.

Really?  meaning an unlimited number of drinks for Elites between 5 and 7??

45 minutes ago, Sascol said:

Really?  meaning an unlimited number of drinks for Elites between 5 and 7??

Yes.  Celebrity changed the program on 2/1/19?  They sent out a notice.  It includes all the bars that sells those type of drinks, but not the restaurants.  No coupon required.

I'm on the Silhouette transatlantic in April. We have a classic package. Cruise Planner is offering a 1/2 price on beverage packages, but not on upgrading an existing package. Has anyone seen a sale offered on upgrading? Wondering if I should upgrade now or wait.