Carnival Salon - Elegant Night

amystarfish

I just spoke to my wife about this and she said she is sure all the stylists are competent. All stylists are different, usually at home you stick with who you are comfortable cutting your hair. So the only question left, is it worth it to you. 

Several years ago, I had a friend who had her hair colored, cut and styled, bought a couple of products and it cost her $300. She said she didn't even like it!  Everything in the spa is expensive so just be prepared. I'd go check it out on day one and see what they say.

38 minutes ago, amystarfish said:

Could any ladies share with me their experience getting their hair done in "an up do"? I am considering doing this for elegant night but want to determine if it's really worth the price. Thank you! 

I was thinking of doing this as well. I am getting a fresh cut and color before we leave and I wanted a nice style for elegant night because I really suck at doing my own hair. There's only about 3 things I can do with it that actually look good and none of them are very fancy. Anyway, I was wondering about this exact thing.

I hope you gey some responses to help you make a decision.

YouTube has great tutorials for simple updo's. Practice before the cruise.  There was a lady at dinner one time that had her hair done on the ship.  She was very disappointed.  It wasn't really what she asked for.  It looked like a dated style. 

It has been years since I had it done, and it was not cheap (my hair was a tad below the shoulders), and I wanted a nice updo, like my stylist did here at home.  Naturally, every stylist was different.  I could see it in the mirror at the beauty salon, but when I got back to my cabin, I took it completely down, as I was not happy with it, and decided from then on to do my own hair, which I have done from then on.  I love the up-dos, but I don't think most stylist on the ships do those like they did years ago.

• Thanks 1