What happens if your medallion arrives after you've left?

TupeloHoney

3 minutes ago, TupeloHoney said:

I requested that our medallions be sent over a month ago.  I got notification today that they are shipping from Hong Kong, but we leave on Thursday.  So what happens if they arrive after we've already left?

They will issue you another one either at check in or onboard.

Check the tracking on your notice.  It should give an arrival date.  We just got our medallions for an upcoming cruise - got the notice that they were shipping out on Monday - and they arrived Wednesday - from Hong Kong!  I can't get that kind of service for shipments originating in the US.

Mine took four days to arrive from overseas.  If you leave for port; the medallion team will issue one to you.  Very simple.  I just sailed Caribbean Princess two weeks ago.  Some people had them when they arrived and most had them issued at the port.  There will be at least 50 medallion team members at the port to help you out

Edited by AF-1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got email confirmation from ocean that my medallion is being shipped to the pier at San Pedro. This makes my April 6 cruise on the Royal seem more real.Exactly 1 week from today, I will be aboard the beautiful Royal Princess.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 10:52 AM, AF-1 said:

Mine took four days to arrive from overseas.  If you leave for port; the medallion team will issue one to you.  Very simple.  I just sailed Caribbean Princess two weeks ago.  Some people had them when they arrived and most had them issued at the port.  There will be at least 50 medallion team members at the port to help you out

If they "re-issue" you one at port ... will it also be 'personalized' with your name and cruise ?

I would assume it would have your name and cruise date on it. But have not had a replacement issued. Only have the one they issued me.  It now sits in my cabinet at home. 

Edited by AF-1

The medallion is a piece of plastic with 3 chips and power source embedded inside. If needed, a blank will be programmed for whoever is in need in your party. They are not engraved