Captain of Azura - sorry

Presto2

As mentioned by Docco above, Stephen Howarth is on currently and was Captain for the Ijmuiden Fiasco cruise at the end of last month.  He did the important bit okay - got us where we were supposed to be on time & safely - but won't win any prizes for sparkling personality or presentation. I didn't particularly appreciate his lacklustre, half-hearted announcement about the "challenges" of getting the shuttle service to Amsterdam operating...

Well, we are just off Azura this morning, and as promised I tried hard to establish who will be Captain for the Easter cruise. As mentioned earlier Captain Howarth is currently on board, but I couldn’t find anyone who would confirm how much longer he will be on board. As a last resort I asked our friendly waiter in MDR and he did a quick calculation on his fingers, and reckons on another 3 or 4 weeks. So much for my detective skills!!

However, on one of the early sea days my husband was heading to Malabar to watch a film, and managed to get lost. He saw the Captain heading towards him, so asked for guidance. Apparently, Captain Howarth was very pleasant, gave him directions and even knew which film would be showing.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

Well, we are just off Azura this morning, and as promised I tried hard to establish who will be Captain for the Easter cruise. As mentioned earlier Captain Howarth is currently on board, but I couldn’t find anyone who would confirm how much longer he will be on board. As a last resort I asked our friendly waiter in MDR and he did a quick calculation on his fingers, and reckons on another 3 or 4 weeks. So much for my detective skills!!

However, on one of the early sea days my husband was heading to Malabar to watch a film, and managed to get lost. He saw the Captain heading towards him, so asked for guidance. Apparently, Captain Howarth was very pleasant, gave him directions and even knew which film would be showing.

Hope you enjoy your next cruise.

Thanks so much for that - Good on Capt Howarth. Perhaps he is just a bit shy and not as out going.

Will give him a chance and at the end of the day, if he keeps us all safe and gets us there and back safely then he has done what is needed. 

How we feel at the moment we will just be happy to get on the ship --- can't wait

Thank you Presto2, we certainly did have a great cruise, despite some inclement weather. In fact, on some days, it was difficult to find anyone using the sun loungers on the open decks. This was a shame because it was too windy to watch any films on the sea screen, and we thought it would have been possible to transfer the films to the theatre instead(especially as we had 3 sea days together on outward journey)

Incidentally, didn’t notice any hard sell on the new drinks packages, although the original wine packages were still available ( to our delight)

Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Kittyonions.

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:22 PM, Kittyonions said:

Thank you Presto2, we certainly did have a great cruise, despite some inclement weather. In fact, on some days, it was difficult to find anyone using the sun loungers on the open decks. This was a shame because it was too windy to watch any films on the sea screen, and we thought it would have been possible to transfer the films to the theatre instead(especially as we had 3 sea days together on outward journey)

Incidentally, didn’t notice any hard sell on the new drinks packages, although the original wine packages were still available ( to our delight)

Hope you enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Kittyonions.

Great that you had a good time. We booked this cruise Dc 26th 2017 so it has been a long time coming !!!

Don't think we will need the sin loungers ….. are thinking warm ski gear ;-)

If I remember correctly Presto2 you are off to the Norwegian Fiords on your next cruise. We did that cruise in May 2017, and like you I expected to be wearing ski wear. But we were extremely lucky for most of the cruise, and in Olden it was 22c and I was in the swimming pool! Be prepared to be on the open decks really early  for the spectacular scenery ( but then you will need the thermals)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kittyonions said:

If I remember correctly Presto2 you are off to the Norwegian Fiords on your next cruise. We did that cruise in May 2017, and like you I expected to be wearing ski wear. But we were extremely lucky for most of the cruise, and in Olden it was 22c and I was in the swimming pool! Be prepared to be on the open decks really early  for the spectacular scenery ( but then you will need the thermals)

Hi, thanks so much for remembering !!!

For early sail ins we will need a good alarm clock too ;-)

Can't wait

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Nee Moments magazine says Alan Hawkins

Hello Presto2

Would you mind telling me who the Captain is on Britannia on 18th May please ? I am still waiting for my new Moments magazine.

Many thanks

Sue

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:07 PM, FAB1 said:

Hello Presto2

Would you mind telling me who the Captain is on Britannia on 18th May please ? I am still waiting for my new Moments magazine.

Many thanks

Sue

Sorry, just got back so you may know by now but it is Wesley Dunlop until July apparently. Not sure if that means anything :-)

On 4/24/2019 at 9:18 PM, Lamorna25 said:

Anyone know who will be the Captain of Oriana for cruise departing May 11th.We are renewing our vows on board ,so it would be interesting to know.

According to the Moments magazine it will be Capt. Alan Hawkins from 28/3 - 30/5. Hope this helps , enjoy!!