Timing of Upsell Offer - Question

1 minute ago, Snowesha said:

I'm sad. I didn't get one yet. Were you in a guarantee or a specific cabin. Just curious since I am on the same sailing with you! Congratulations!

We were in a specific cabin.  You might try calling 888-628-8107 and ask about it, as maybe they can help you out.  BUT CALL RIGHT NOW!  Do not be afraid to ask!

6 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We were in a specific cabin.  You might try calling 888-628-8107 and ask about it, as maybe they can help you out.  BUT CALL RIGHT NOW!  Do not be afraid to ask!

I asked, there were no upsells attached to my booking so she said not at this time. At least I tried!

4 minutes ago, Snowesha said:

I asked, there were no upsells attached to my booking so she said not at this time. At least I tried!

Sorry to hear that.  It must have something to do with guaranteed being sold on the basis of the customer being "guaranteed" AT LEAST a SS category with the hope of a free upgrade beyond that, which in this case would be a Neptune cabin.  

10 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Sorry to hear that.  It must have something to do with guaranteed being sold on the basis of the customer being "guaranteed" AT LEAST a SS category with the hope of a free upgrade beyond that, which in this case would be a Neptune cabin.  

I just wrote my PCC- can't hurt, right?

29 minutes ago, Snowesha said:

I just wrote my PCC- can't hurt, right?

I assume you emailed the PCC?  Hopefully that will work.  It just does not seem fair to me for you not to also get the upsell.

Good Luck!1

I also had a guarantee inside cabin. I was hoping to get a free upgrade to a window. But I have received 2 up sell offers. One this morning for 89 pp for a veranda. I'm cruising solo, so I have to pay double occupancy. When I talked with my personal cruise consultant he said: 

Typically a very good deal for a cruise is $100 p/p a day, not including taxes. 

You are at $558 in the room by yourself for 7 days – even adding the upgrade asking amount now, that still puts you in a very good overall price savings.

So I went for the upgrade. Have a nice midship balcony between 2 floors of cabins. 31 days before I leave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

I assume you emailed the PCC?  Hopefully that will work.  It just does not seem fair to me for you not to also get the upsell.

Good Luck!1

Yes I emailed her but she was off today so maybe she will writ back tomorrow. I don't want to lose the benefit of my explore 4 but our friends are in a Neptune so it would be nice to have the lounge as a meeting space. This was the first time I booked a guarantee don't think I'll do that again.

1 minute ago, Snowesha said:

Yes I emailed her but she was off today so maybe she will writ back tomorrow.

A disadvantage of not using a travel agent rather than a PCC?  If one's travel agent is not available, others within that agency would be available to assist.

Edited by rkacruiser

1 hour ago, Snowesha said:

Yes I emailed her but she was off today so maybe she will writ back tomorrow. I don't want to lose the benefit of my explore 4 but our friends are in a Neptune so it would be nice to have the lounge as a meeting space. This was the first time I booked a guarantee don't think I'll do that again.

Call the PCC number and another person should be able to help you.  When my PCC has been off, others have helped me. 

9 minutes ago, magictam said:

Call the PCC number and another person should be able to help you.  When my PCC has been off, others have helped me. 

Ditto this.  When my PCC is not in, her voice mail tells me how to get another agent to help and they have ALWAYS been very eager to help me out (they back each other up by design).

I

• 4 weeks later...

Sailing on April 14th. Booked the cheapest Inside. We booked directly with HAL, and we had called them a couple of times letting them know we would be REALLY happy with an upsell.  🤣

We received an upsell offer on Friday,  March 15th, 1:45 pm Texas time (which we jumped on ($99/pp to verandah).  Then we received an upsell offer on the Thursday the 21st, 2:04 pm Texas time for a Signature ($209pp) or Neptune ($309pp).  We would love a Signature, (and of course a Neptune!) but we had already spent a bunch of money.  Well, I got an unexpected windfall so I called yesterday (the 29th) and asked if the Signature upgrade was still available.  They said yes, at $149pp.  Done!  

I think I may have snagged "the last one" because now the cruise is showing "SOLD OUT" for Signature AND Neptunes.  

Feeling fancy!!

Edited by 1964IceCreamLady
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 1964IceCreamLady said:

Sailing on April 14th. Booked the cheapest Inside.  We received an upsell offer on March 17th which we jumped on ($99/pp to verandah).  Then we received an upsell offer on the 21st for a Signature ($209pp) or Neptune ($309pp).  We would love a Signature, (and of course a Neptune!) but we had already spent a bunch of money.  Well, I got an unexpected windfall so I called yesterday (the 29th) and asked if the Signature upgrade was still available.  They said yes, at $149pp.  Done!  

OH MY!!!  I love this!  I am so happy for you.  Thanks for sharing.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:51 PM, DaveOKC said:

Ditto this.  When my PCC is not in, her voice mail tells me how to get another agent to help and they have ALWAYS been very eager to help me out (they back each other up by design).

My latest emails from my PCC state: *Please Note: The Office of the Personal Cruise Consultants is closed on Saturday and Sundays - effective March 2nd, 2019. If you need to make a booking over the weekend, advise to the agent you are working with me so I can manage it on my return.

Edited by oceanmom