Passenger demographic -Rhapsody transatlantic

Hi - We have never sailed RCI before, but we are considering a transatlantic crossing in April 2020 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Coming from Princess, we are wondering what the passenger demographic and onboard activities would be like on a 14 day transatlantic crossing. Families, kids, retirees, etc. I notice Rhapsody does not have the bells and whistles that the newer ships have, which is fine with us, we're in our 60's and unlikely to do things like ziplining. :classic_smile:
But we do want things to keep us somewhat occupied during sea days, and enjoy our quiet time also.

Thanks!

I sailed the eastbound transatlantic on Rhapsody last May.  Very few under the age of 18 on board.  Mostly older Americans, not many Europeans.

As far as sea days activities go:

Afternoon movies in the main theatre

Historical lectures by a physician talking about the eradication of diseases (I enjoyed this)

A Q&A session in the main theatre with the ship's captain and senior officers

An elderly lady who gave knitting lessons (she was extremely popular)

Several activities you could pay for like wine tastings, cooking classes, tours of the ship

Lots of musical entertainment in the various lounges, trivia contests, karaoke, backgammon and chess boards

Bands playing music on the pool deck during the afternoon

Late night movies on the big screen near the main pool.

I thought there was something for everyone and I did not suffer from lack of entertainment.

10 hours ago, DfDinLA said:

I sailed the eastbound transatlantic on Rhapsody last May.  Very few under the age of 18 on board.  Mostly older Americans, not many Europeans.

As far as sea days activities go:

Afternoon movies in the main theatre

Historical lectures by a physician talking about the eradication of diseases (I enjoyed this)

A Q&A session in the main theatre with the ship's captain and senior officers

An elderly lady who gave knitting lessons (she was extremely popular)

Several activities you could pay for like wine tastings, cooking classes, tours of the ship

Lots of musical entertainment in the various lounges, trivia contests, karaoke, backgammon and chess boards

Bands playing music on the pool deck during the afternoon

Late night movies on the big screen near the main pool.

I thought there was something for everyone and I did not suffer from lack of entertainment.

No shuffleboard tournament? I would have demanded compensatory OBC!

On 3/4/2019 at 10:27 AM, TriumphGuy said:

Hi - We have never sailed RCI before, but we are considering a transatlantic crossing in April 2020 on Rhapsody of the Seas. Coming from Princess, we are wondering what the passenger demographic and onboard activities would be like on a 14 day transatlantic crossing. Families, kids, retirees, etc. I notice Rhapsody does not have the bells and whistles that the newer ships have, which is fine with us, we're in our 60's and unlikely to do things like ziplining. :classic_smile:
But we do want things to keep us somewhat occupied during sea days, and enjoy our quiet time also.

Thanks!

We loved the transatlantic October 2018 on Visions. Activities manager Talita was amazing. We’re in our early 60’s and love Zumba and dancing activities. We were so sore we couldn’t even walk. Great fellow passengers. Lots of fun dancing people. Made many friends and some were from Spain. Many were our and yours age bracket.

However recently on Grandeur February 2019 it was a boring lackluster trip. Activities staff was missing in action. Grandeur had excellent food and service!

A great thing about transatlantic is we enjoyed an extra hour sleep every other day on cruise home. I would recommend finding out the cruise director of your ship and contact him or her for information on activities. It’s always the luck of the draw as to activities and fellow passengers.