How long does it take to sail from Geiranger, Norway to Reykjavik?

We are sailing from Geiranger at 5pm on Sept 6 to arrive in Reykjavik on Sept 8.  While our documents still say we will arrive at 8am in Reykjavik, there is some info that we will arrive at 6pm and it has been impossible to get an answer from anyone in upper management who knows the answer.    Making plans is impossible at this time.  I am just wondering if it actually could take 19 hours to sail from Geiranger to Reykjavik.  6 pm would put us into port on a Sunday when nothing is open at that hour....ugh.

58 minutes ago, lanceholt said:

We are sailing from Geiranger at 5pm on Sept 6 to arrive in Reykjavik on Sept 8.  While our documents still say we will arrive at 8am in Reykjavik, there is some info that we will arrive at 6pm and it has been impossible to get an answer from anyone in upper management who knows the answer.    Making plans is impossible at this time.  I am just wondering if it actually could take 19 hours to sail from Geiranger to Reykjavik.  6 pm would put us into port on a Sunday when nothing is open at that hour....ugh.

I have a problem with your math. If you are departing Sept 6 and arriving Sept 8 your 8 am arrival time is 39 hours, and a 6 pm arrival would be a trip of 49 hours.

My own cruise goes from Ulvik, Norway to Rosyth Scotland, departing 6 pm July 26 and arriving 8 am July 28. It looks like our crossing is somewhat shorter than yours, although we both start at the far end of long fjords. Also,  remember that Reykjavik is on the far side of Iceland.

Sailing 20 knots it should take around 2 days according to sea-distances.org.

The website doesn't have Geiranger as a option but from nearby Aalesund it took 1 day and 19 hours sailing 20 knots. 

But does 5 hours sailing into to Geirangerfjord sounds right. 

Edited by Danish viking