Question about a specific room

Fishkillbill

I hope it's good as I was assigned 8143 exact location on the port side for my 5/26 sailing.  From my experience with the ship I think it should be a good location, using the aft stairs to get to the buffet is very handy.  Only worry I have is if there is a crew door across the hall.  Sometimes they can generate some extra noise.  I booked GTY and was assigned this cabin within hours and felt it was a good assignment as most everything else had a connecting door.

On 3/5/2019 at 8:45 AM, wrk2cruise said:

I hope it's good as I was assigned 8143 exact location on the port side for my 5/26 sailing.  From my experience with the ship I think it should be a good location, using the aft stairs to get to the buffet is very handy.  Only worry I have is if there is a crew door across the hall.  Sometimes they can generate some extra noise.  I booked GTY and was assigned this cabin within hours and felt it was a good assignment as most everything else had a connecting door.

Wrong. 8143 is the mirror of 8128 and they are both about 7 cabins forward of the aft elevators and stairs. 8143 has a connecting door with 8141, so this could be a minor source of noise.

OP's 8148 cabin is about 3 cabins aft of the aft elevators/stairs and has no connecting door - with cabins above and below is should be relatively quiet. The sofa is next to the balcony while the bed is near the closet and bath. Only minor negative I can see is the partially obstructed view when you look directly downward at the extended balcony of a C1 cabin on deck six.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:45 AM, wrk2cruise said:

That is my concern too. I booked GTY and room 8148 was assigned a couple of hours later.