Kettle on the Regal Princess

Margarita!

Hello.  We are cruising in the Baltic region on the Regal in two months time.  Wondering if they now have tea facilities in the cabin as some other cruise lines provide.  We have a travel kettle but I have read it is best not to use them on ships.  I have also read that Princess sometimes provided kettles for cruises commencing in the UK.  Is this still true?  I am thinking we may be able to ask for one.  We always find the early morning room service tea is not good...water not hot enough!  Cheers....and thanks.

Edited by Margarita!

4 hours ago, Margarita! said:

Hello.  We are cruising in the Baltic region on the Regal in two months time.  Wondering if they now have tea facilities in the cabin as some other cruise lines provide.  We have a travel kettle but I have read it is best not to use them on ships.  I have also read that Princess sometimes provided kettles for cruises commencing in the UK.  Is this still true?  I am thinking we may be able to ask for one.  We always find the early morning room service tea is not good...water not hot enough!  Cheers....and thanks.

Not allowed on Princess and most cruise lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, caribill said:

Not allowed on Princess and most cruise lines.

I believe that Sapphire Princess will have kettles in all Cabins on her Sailings from UK this year.

ALL P&O ships have kettles in the Cabins, which is great. 

• Like 1

Thank you to all for your replies.  Yes, we had a kettle on a P&O cruise from Southampton and also on a Royal Carribean or Norwegian.   I am really particularly interested in whether we can ask for one on a Regal Princess cruise....given they use them on the Sapphire.   Has anyone asked?  Cheers.

54 minutes ago, Margarita! said:

Thank you to all for your replies.  Yes, we had a kettle on a P&O cruise from Southampton and also on a Royal Carribean or Norwegian.   I am really particularly interested in whether we can ask for one on a Regal Princess cruise....given they use them on the Sapphire.   Has anyone asked?  Cheers.

They don't keep them on the ships. The Sapphire Princess was something new last year and every cabin had them. It is not like they stock them for people who want them.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

They don't keep them on the ships. The Sapphire Princess was something new last year and every cabin had them. It is not like they stock them for people who want them.

It seems strange that they would remove them from the ships and couldn't leave a few behind for those people that wanted them. 

2 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

It seems strange that they would remove them from the ships and couldn't leave a few behind for those people that wanted them. 

Since the Regal Princess never had them, I doubt they would have them available. The OP was asking about the Regal.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

My apologies, Coral., but I am not assuming they have them. I have read on other posts  that on some ships people requested one on board. Just asking if ANYONE had asked on the Regal Princess, like requesting a robe.   I guess from your responses that you have not actually cruised on the Regal.

1 hour ago, Margarita! said:

My apologies, Coral., but I am not assuming they have them. I have read on other posts  that on some ships people requested one on board. Just asking if ANYONE had asked on the Regal Princess, like requesting a robe.   I guess from your responses that you have not actually cruised on the Regal.

Princess does not provide kettles on any of their ships. Last year, they did on the Sapphire. This was very unusual - to the point that there was a press release about it. They appeared part way through the Southhampton cruises and promptly removed them at the end of the season.

I believe P&O has at times but this is not the norm for Princess. Maybe you have read about them on other lines or maybe it is common on Australian ships.

And it is not like asking for a robe. Kettles are listed as items forbidden on Princess ships. I am surprised they did it on the Sapphire.

BTW - they have not been on the Regal in the past.

Edited by Coral

1 hour ago, Coral said:

Since the Regal Princess never had them, I doubt they would have them available. The OP was asking about the Regal.

We had a chair on the Regal in both our rooms this past Jan/Feb.

Removing them saves me from having to lift it into the closet each time I board.

Someone must have removed it from your room in anticipation. 

13 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

Removing them saves me from having to lift it into the closet each time I board.

What??

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Princess does not provide kettles on any of their ships. Last year, they did on the Sapphire. This was very unusual - to the point that there was a press release about it. They appeared part way through the Southhampton cruises and promptly removed them at the end of the season.

I believe P&O has at times but this is not the norm for Princess. Maybe you have read about them on other lines or maybe it is common on Australian ships.

And it is not like asking for a robe. Kettles are listed as items forbidden on Princess ships. I am surprised they did it on the Sapphire.

BTW - they have not been on the Regal in the past.

2 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

Sorry about my post. It was in response to another thread, not the kettles.