When should we book excursion to use cruise credits and promotion?

tyrannosaur

Hi, we have the $50 discount per port cruise excursion promotion and also $100 of shipboard credit for our upcoming Baltic cruise, and I am confused about how to take advantage of both in a cruise sponsored excursion.  Should I book the excursion prior to boarding the cruise, or book it once on board?  I read that I might not be able to use the shipboard credit if the excursion is booked prior to boarding, but others mentioned that the excursion was not charged until once on board even if it's booked prior to boarding.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

You can call Norwegian Cruise Excursion Department and book directly with them and you don't have to pay up front for your excursion choices. Remember some excursions can fill up and then you want be able to get them on board.

We were just on the Breakaway. We had the $50 excursion credit so I called the excursion # and booked before we left. They don't charge your account till the day you board. We were then able to use our onboard credit to pay for the excursions

26 minutes ago, tyrannosaur said:

Thanks so much for the replies!  Just wanted to confirm that I should call Norwegian excursion instead of booking the excursion online using my Norwegian website account.

Correct.