Gratuities question.

cappycas

Hi everyone , just a question re the gratuities. We are in a Princess suite and note that the gratuities are $27 per night. Our question is....how are these gratuities divided, who gets them, is it for all the ship’s personnel or do we need to take extra dollars to tip restaurant staff et al?

Thanks,

Carole x

All the people who should be compensated are included. Personally, we supplement the tip with cash if the waiters or room stewards are exceptional (and I add an extra $5 every now and then to the tab for favorite bar staff) - but, as always, that's an individual decision.

FYI - just as a matter of form, when traveling in a Princess Grill, it's usual to refer to your category as "the grills" or "Princess Grill" but not simply as "Princess" or "Queens" (perhaps avoiding confusion with Cunard's sister line).

• Like 2

We are booked (first time on Cunard) for the 21N QM2 TA-Norway-TA cruise in Aug 2020. I checked the Cunard website but didnt’ find the info, so asking: what is the daily gratuities for QM2 Britannia BZ SR class? Thanks in advance.  

Looking forward to this.

Den

9 hours ago, Denny01 said:

We are booked (first time on Cunard) for the 21N QM2 TA-Norway-TA cruise in Aug 2020. I checked the Cunard website but didnt’ find the info, so asking: what is the daily gratuities for QM2 Britannia BZ SR class? Thanks in advance.  

Looking forward to this.

Den

"Search" is such a useful tool...

We always go along with the suggested posted gratuity for the particular cabin area of the ship.

And when appropriate, give additional tips to the room steward/stewardess. waiters and wine stewards when exceptional assistance is received.

Also if warrants, to those that lead an excursions (tour leader/bus driver) of course when exceptional service is received (if they make the tour/excursion one to remember).

IMHO, I appreciate when on vacation when those caring for us truly make our time on board a relaxing and memorable one.

• Like 1