Luggage

Hi

Does Royal have the luggage transfer option to the airport?

We usually stay a day after but this was supposed to be strickly a land vaca. 

Cruise poped up at the last minute fit right into our dates!

We cruise on Princess more than Royal.

Would like to hang out down by the ocean for a few hours before the boring wait at the airport .

TY Reader!

Edited by Reader0108598

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, but only at selected ports, airlines,  and cruise terminals.

If you post the ship, airline, and port, we might be able to give you specifics.

Jetblue ,majesty of the seas.. Fort lauderdale TY!

Edited by Reader0108598

Just now, Reader0108598 said:

Five days! Husband would love to see Cuba! Last name Garcia 🙂

Unfortunately, I cannot find any info on Majesty using Luggage Valet out of Port Everglades. 

I know they normally do not offer Luggage Valet on short cruises, but I don't know if 5 days is too short.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

Unfortunately, I cannot find any info on Majesty using Luggage Valet out of Port Everglades. 

I know they normally do not offer Luggage Valet on short cruises, but I don't know if 5 days is too short.

Thank so much for looking 🙂

2 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

found this in the faq, looks like 7 days is the minimum.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/does-royal-caribbean-offer-luggage-valet

Note to self look harder...lol TY We never leave the same day we fly out but it would cost 300.00 to change ..think we will suck it and go to the airport!

Edited by Reader0108598

4 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

Note to self look harder...lol TY We never leave the same day we fly out but it would cost 300.00 to change ..think we will suck it and go to the airport!

np, I'm curious about the service too.  I really don't like the idea of losing sight of our luggage for that long before we leave, on the other hand if it's free and convenient and it means I can use a regular Uber instead of an XL.  it sounds like it could save some time and money, it might be worth it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sitzmark said:

We'll be out of ft lauderdale on Harmony flying Delta.  I understand the luggage valet is offered, but not quite sure the logistics of it.  I understand it is also included for sky and star class.

You have to sign up for it sometime around mid-cruise with your flight reservation. I'm not sure by what day but if you're in a suite just ask the concierge or guest services. The flights must depart between 11:30am and 11:59pm out of FLL or 2:00pm (this may vary) and 11:59pm out of MIA. Southwest has a closing departure time of 6:00pm. If in a suite, the charge will show up on your account but then you'll eventually see a credit for it. You'll receive our LV tags and flight boarding passes the last night. For some reason they still leave regular luggage tags in your cabin after you sign up for LV. Just ignore those regular tags.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sitzmark said:

np, I'm curious about the service too.  I really don't like the idea of losing sight of our luggage for that long before we leave, on the other hand if it's free and convenient and it means I can use a regular Uber instead of an XL.  it sounds like it could save some time and money, it might be worth it.

It is about $25.00 pp. Royal also checks in for you and issues a boarding pass the last night in your cabin.  Leave your luggage out at night as usual and pick up luggage at destination baggage claim. 

1 minute ago, taglovestocruise said:

It is about $25.00 pp. Royal also checks in for you and issues a boarding pass the last night in your cabin.  Leave your luggage out at night as usual and pick up luggage at destination baggage claim. 

It's free for Suite guests.  I'm a bit concerned about the Royal checking us into the flight, I haven't used a paper boarding pass in ages, but perhaps that is required so that they can process the bag check.

3 hours ago, Sitzmark said:

It's free for Suite guests.  I'm a bit concerned about the Royal checking us into the flight, I haven't used a paper boarding pass in ages, but perhaps that is required so that they can process the bag check.

We use it regularly with American Airlines and have never had an issue. With regards to the boarding pass the electronic version always shows up in our AA app as well as the paper one RCI provides us. 

• 4 weeks later...

I know Miami Airport has a storage/holding area for luggage and its between the terminals...I believe its like $5 per bag. We used it about 3 years ago when we had a early evening flight. Yes we had to take a cab to Airport to drop off.... but it was worth it and allowed us to explore South Beach without lugging bags around. Not sure if FLL offers the same type of facility.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Did Symphony recently start offering LV?  I know they didn't in the past.

I've not read that Terminal A at PortMiami has offered luggage valet yet.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone ! just an FYI booked a hotel for the day across from the ocean would not sleep there if you paid me but.... we will be outside until flight! sea club resort! About 50.00 bucks, worth it to us! Bathroom drinks and a view! I can handle that!

Edited by Reader0108598