When does OBC show up in your account?

Dani24

We booked our cruise through a large TA (not sure if I'm allowed to name them here). When we booked we were expecting to receive OBC from Princess as well as from the TA, along with specialty dining. We are currently 141 days out from our cruise. I see the OBC from Princess in the Cruise Personalizer, and I see the speciality dining from the TA, but I don't see the OBC from the TA. Does OBC from sources outside of Princess sometimes show up later? And if so, would that show up after final payment? Or on the cruise?

Princess OBC should be available on your cruise personalizer.

TA OBC may not be available until you are on board.  You may have a card in your cabin.  You can check your account with passenger services the afternoon you board.

I recommend you print and bring any proof you have of any OBC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some of the OBC given to us by our Big Box TA only shows up at the bottom of the Travel Summary, alongside  details of the Princess freebies like the Booze Package, free gratuities etc.. It doesn't show up directly in the Personalizer under the "Payments and Credits" tab

...and have a GREAT cruise. ;o)

Awesome! Thank you all! Just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to get a rude surprise in a few months. Especially since that money is already "spent" in my mind! I'll definitely bring my confirmation with me, which shows the OBC from the TA.

4 hours ago, richsea said:

OBC from from your TA will not show up on your cruise personalizer, and may not show up on your account the first few days when you board. Not to worry. Enjoy your cruise! 

I have two cruises booked on Regal next month and both have onboard credits listed as Travel Agent GRP Promotion.We get OBC from her every cruise and it always shows up in the payments and credits section on the personalizer.

I’ve had it work both ways. I can remember seeing it show up in my personalizes a couple of days before the cruise and I’ve seen it not show up until on board. Same TA, BTW. 

Luck of the draw I suppose. 

17 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

I have two cruises booked on Regal next month and both have onboard credits listed as Travel Agent GRP Promotion.We get OBC from her every cruise and it always shows up in the payments and credits section on the personalizer.

Yes, I show that also on our upcoming cruise, and also on our previous cruise. I’m really not sure what that’s from. On our last cruise, in addition to that OBC, on our acknowledgement, our TA listed a $250 OBC. Upon boarding, we received the travel agent GRP promotion($30pp) and the $250 from our TA, which didn’t appear until a few days into our cruise. I don’t know what the TA GRP promotion is, but I’ll take it!

again, even on other lines, very often our OBC from our TA doesn’t show up right away.

17 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

Yes, I show that also on our upcoming cruise, and also on our previous cruise. I’m really not sure what that’s from. On our last cruise, in addition to that OBC, on our acknowledgement, our TA listed a $250 OBC. Upon boarding, we received the travel agent GRP promotion($30pp) and the $250 from our TA, which didn’t appear until a few days into our cruise. I don’t know what the TA GRP promotion is, but I’ll take it!

again, even on other lines, very often our OBC from our TA doesn’t show up right away.