What to wear

J4NEC

We are doing an Eastern Med tour on Koningsdam leaving from Rome on 29th July.

I am expecting the weather in ports, mainly Croatia and Italy, to be hot.  This may sound like a silly question but is it also warm at sea or does it get cold? Just wondering what clothes to take.

Also are the ships dining rooms freezing with air con like in the States when you go to a restaurant and need a warm cardie?

And thirdly,  we usually dress for dinner on holiday, but my 16 year old boy sometimes likes to wear tailored chino shorts and a nice polo shirt or similar. Is this ok in the evening or will he need to wear jeans/trousers?

Thanks for your advice.

1 hour ago, J4NEC said:

We are doing an Eastern Med tour on Koningsdam leaving from Rome on 29th July.

I am expecting the weather in ports, mainly Croatia and Italy, to be hot.  This may sound like a silly question but is it also warm at sea or does it get cold? Just wondering what clothes to take.

It will be cooler at night and early morning - just like the Med is but during the day it will be warm.

1 hour ago, J4NEC said:

Also are the ships dining rooms freezing with air con like in the States when you go to a restaurant and need a warm cardie?

Haven’t been on the Koningsdam but I do find that it can be cooler in certain areas on the ship at times.  I normally pack a shawl or light sweater.  Sometimes I need it and sometimes I don’t 😉 

1 hour ago, J4NEC said:

And thirdly,  we usually dress for dinner on holiday, but my 16 year old boy sometimes likes to wear tailored chino shorts and a nice polo shirt or similar. Is this ok in the evening or will he need to wear jeans/trousers?

Thanks for your advice.

No shorts in the dining room in the evenings.  Smart casual nights he can wear jeans.  Gala nights he will need trousers and a collared shirt.

• Like 1

For me it is long, rectangular, ivory, 100% cashmere shawl that gets packed for every cruise or travel destination. Goes in my airline carry -on because planes can run hot and cold too. It is an investment that has more than returned its original cost, many time over. Easy to pack, lightweight and versitile, including acting as a small pillow,

Edited by OlsSalt

KK and I think alike!! I always bring my shawl pashmina with me. Jacqui is tight also the evenings and early mornings will be cool. First and last time will we do a summer July August Med cruise!!! So hot for us and a lot of areas closed because the Europeans take their holiday for a month. We go in Sept/Oct which is wonderful, and our next TA Med cruise will be March April May next year. 

Pack in layers and color coordinate so your not hauling sooooo much! I learned the hard way and now we pack light!

Have a wonderful time!

Smooth Sailings 

Denise😊