Bring beach towels?

PeterB123

Hi ☺️

If it's ok, I'd like to piggy back & ask a question within this post. My wife & I have been bouncing around Carnival, Royal & Princess since the early 80's. Our last Carnival voyage was in 2015 where the stateroom stewards replenished the beach towels each evening prior to a port. 

Our next voyage on Carnival we will be sailing Mardi Gras, a 15-night, port intensive, Journeys repositioning cruise. Do cabin stewards still replenish beach towels for the next days port in the evening, or are we responsible to replenish beach towels through a check out type of system at a towel hut on the ships pool deck? 

🌴

34 minutes ago, PortSideCruzan said:

Hi ☺️

If it's ok, I'd like to piggy back & ask a question within this post. My wife & I have been bouncing around Carnival, Royal & Princess since the early 80's. Our last Carnival voyage was in 2015 where the stateroom stewards replenished the beach towels each evening prior to a port. 

Our next voyage on Carnival we will be sailing Mardi Gras, a 15-night, port intensive, Journeys repositioning cruise. Do cabin stewards still replenish beach towels for the next days port in the evening, or are we responsible to replenish beach towels through a check out type of system at a towel hut on the ships pool deck? 

🌴

Yes  they will give you new towels daily if you wish.  We put our used ones on the bathroom floor indicating they are wet,  when our room is serviced they are replaced.   

They also have a kiosk near the pool  where you can give  your folio and cabin # and you can get clean ones there,  just remember to return them to the kiosk and make sure they mark your name as having returned them. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, coevan said:

Good recommendation. 

We're taking Dock and Bay microfiber towels this time because having to haul 4 Carnival towels is too much to carry around (since our kiddos can't carry as much and they're super heavy when wet). I know it's a personal preference thing but I'm really looking forward to the space it'll clear up in the backpacks when we're heading to beach things. We'll only be using them for excursions etc.