A Special notice for HAL Board’s Future Cruise Listing - no updates mid Aprll-May 9th

kazu

Just a note to alert you all that the Future Cruise Listing will run without an update for a few weeks.  So, that means if you want a Bon Voyage, please abide by the request for 3 weeks notice.  (I might have to change it to 4 weeks for this short time frame 😉 )

Roy (rafinmd) will take care of it at the beginning while I am cruising but he too leaves on a cruise.  Andi Land has kindly agreed to cover the Bon Voyages once he is cruising until my return.

So the Bon Voyages will carry on until I am back but...

Once Roy does his final update on the Future Cruise Listing (around April 20th I am guessing) - It will NOT be updated until I do it (with luck) on May 9th.

I may be able to update it while I am cruising, but I doubt it as it is tricky on an IPad as opposed to the laptop and more time consuming.  

Since the Future Cruise Listing now ‘lives’ on POA1’s website (thanks to the new “improved” CC) and requires a password, we didn’t ask for a volunteer to do it as it would make additional work for POA1 and we don’t want that.  

So, please, keep the deadline that has always been requested in mind.  If someone posts a last minute one, a Bon Voyage will not happen.

Thanks so much for your understanding 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Jacqui, please don't give the Future Cruise List a second thought while you are enjoying your cruise.

You bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't follow your requests posted weekly in the lists. They don't give the 3-week lead time, the info you ask for, nor even let you know sometimes when they cancel. Some even post to an old thread when you have noted it is closed, ask that they post to the new thread, and even give the link!
As my mother used to say: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dear Jacqui,

You will have no time to do the list.  You have organized a zillion tours on your upcoming trip.  How do I know?  Because I am on many of them!!  So looking forward to this adventure!

Helen

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Jacqui, please don't give the Future Cruise List a second thought while you are enjoying your cruise.

You bend over backwards to accommodate people who don't follow your requests posted weekly in the lists. They don't give the 3-week lead time, the info you ask for, nor even let you know sometimes when they cancel. Some even post to an old thread when you have noted it is closed, ask that they post to the new thread, and even give the link!
As my mother used to say: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Thank you kindly Ruth.  And thanks for filling in on the job for me on this in the past.  It was truly appreciated. ❤️ 

I see you have encountered some of the challenges 😉 

18 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Kazu,

Have you have a great relaxing cruise and not put a thought into the future cruise listings.  Also hope you have great weather has been a brutal winter for the you all in the east.

Mary

Thank you Mary.  Really hoping the weather is kind to us so we an get out of here.

It has been a brutal weather and I see no sign of spring.  I think 2 groundhogs lied.  Of course Shubenacadie Sam (the Nova Scotia one) predicted more and more winter 😉 

16 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

Enjoy your cruise(s) and thanks for all of your hard work (Roy, Andi, and POA1 too)!

14 hours ago, bennybear said:

Jacqui, have a wonderful time!   You are a delight and appreciated for all your efforts.  Now it’s your turn to have an adventure.   

Helen, enjoy as well! 

14 hours ago, dfish said:

Have a wonderful cruise!  

Thanks to all 3 of you for the good wishes and kind words 🙂 

14 hours ago, HELENPSL said:

Dear Jacqui,

You will have no time to do the list.  You have organized a zillion tours on your upcoming trip.  How do I know?  Because I am on many of them!!  So looking forward to this adventure!

Helen

LOL, Helen.  I think you are right 😉  We do have a pretty busy itinerary 😉 

Looking forward to seeing you soon 😄 

On 3/13/2019 at 12:32 AM, Andi Land said:

I’m prepped and ready to help with the Bon Voyage threads! Have fun on your vacation. 

Thanks kindly, Andi 🙂 

We really appreciate your help ❤️