Gluten free options on Caribbean Princess?

piamom

Traveling next week Western Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess.  I have celiac disease and must avoid all gluten and any cross contamination.  Having used Princess several times, I'm familiar with their MDR precautions.  Anyone have any feedback on GF options in the new World Marketplace?  The BBQ and burger places?  Recommendations or things to avoid?  Thanks for any help and advice. 

We were on the CB in October. There was a special section of the buffet for gluten free items. I tried some of them, and they were good. There were also gluten free desserts and lots of salad ingredients, cheeses, etc, that are naturally gluten free. The staff can help you if you prefer to have items straight from the kitchen, to minimize cross contamination risk. There are enough people who don't get how harmful it can be to others and are not careful.

• Like 1

I bring a few things with me as their gluten free bread (to me) is awful unless toasted. I bring some crackers with me and my favorite gluten free granola. The gluten free desserts are hit and miss, but that is ok. The gluten free pizza is excellent and has to be ordered 24 hours in advance. You can pick it up and take it to the buffet to eat with friends. The chefs in the buffet are very knowledgeable as to what is OK and what is not. I always ask if in doubt!

I have noticed that for dinner time they have gluten free pasta in the World Fresh Market, but that is about it, and sometimes gluten free desserts. I try to avoid gluten, so I also brought some bread with me from home. I only eat grains in the morning, and there is a lo of selection for lunch and dinner, so it is easy not to eat bread with it. You may be able to get something in the restaurants too. I don't know about the pizza, but that is always worth the try 🙂

• 11 months later...

Has anyone had any current Gluten Free experience on Caribbean Princess?  I am sailing first time with Princess in December and curious of any more current information.  I have already notified the Special Diets department.  

Thanks in advance