Noise above MDR?- Koningsdam?

kwbtraveler

On the koningsdam, I would do everything I could to be sandwiched between 2 floors with guestrooms.  I have been on it multiple times and it has horrible soundproofing issues.

I hope that they addressed some soundproofing during dry dock (there were rumors they were going to) but I haven't been on since.  

Thank you. Yes, I realize these are connecting. We were on deck 5 last trip and had no issues with noise above or below us; but did have some with the connecting cabin next door.  We threw a towel against the door and that helped. 

Since there will be 3 of use on this trip (adding 15 year old grandson) I was trying to take advantage of the larger balcony. 

Thanks again. 

1 hour ago, kwbtraveler said:

Since there will be 3 of use on this trip (adding 15 year old grandson) I was trying to take advantage of the larger balcony. 

If cruising with our 15 year old grandson a few years ago can be used as a guide, he won't spend enough time on the balcony to make the extra size worth it. Go for the quiet, not the extra square footage.

I will never sail on any ship again unless I am completely sandwiched by other cabins (except the exterior wall).  What bothers one may not bother another but I see no reason to risk it.  It is the main reason I won't take a guarantee. 

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

If cruising with our 15 year old grandson a few years ago can be used as a guide, he won't spend enough time on the balcony to make the extra size worth it. Go for the quiet, not the extra square footage.

You’re probably right about that.  Were you on the K’dam; and did he/she find enough to do on board. My grandson’s thinking: food, gym, pool and basketball - in that order. 

4 minutes ago, kwbtraveler said:

You’re probably right about that.  Were you on the K’dam; and did he/she find enough to do on board. My grandson’s thinking: food, gym, pool and basketball - in that order. 

No, we were on the Allure of the Seas. Their tastes are similar, but our grandson found friends very quickly and seemed to enjoy a wide range of activities. We hardly saw him on sea days, except at breakfast and dinner, both made compulsory "family time".

I have stayed in both 4093 and 4169 over the last 2 years. 4169 was perfect, no noise from the halls, elevators or above/below us. 4093 has noise from the Queen's Lounge at night (until about 11:15pm) and the shop doors/gates opening in the morning. All things (and prices!) being equal and I had the choice, I would not stay in 4093 again. But if that was all that my budget allowed for, I wouldn't let it stop me from sailing. However, 4169 was so nice for us that I would sacrifice my itinerary choices in order to get that cabin again.