Best Value of 5 Perks

scottygirl

Considering booking the Encore to Bermuda May 2020.  There will be three adults in the cabin.  I am trying to figure out which perks give you the best value. Looks like we will be entitled to 2 "free perks".  Any help you could give will be greatly appreciated.  

Three come to mind.  Need to know more about the third in the room.  If you are looking for “sharing” the perks, then I would think full blown WiFi and 3 meals, with the room picking up the cost of a three day meal package for the third in the room.  That way you can almost equally use the perks.  Biggest bang would be drink package for #1 and #2 in the room, #3 would be paying as they go or buying a full blown package (add up all the tips and full cost of the drink package and divide by 3). Like I said, would need more info to discuss in depth.  The 50 dollars for excursions won’t do much for all y’all. 

The drink package applies to the first two passengers on the booking and takes two drinks per person per day to break even. Since you could choose another option instead of the drink package you probably need to average three drinks per person per day to offset the opportunity cost of another perk. If passengers one and two will average four or more drinks per day the drink package is the best value of all the perks.

There will be three adult women in the room.  I was leaning toward getting the drink package and then sharing the cost of the third.  What is the value of the specialty dining?  Looks like that would have to be purchased for the third person also.  There is also third person sails "free" right now that appears to be a $399 value.  We have one person that always wants to be connected but personally I don't mind being disconnected for a couple days.

3 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

The drink package applies to the first two passengers on the booking and takes two drinks per person per day to break even. Since you could choose another option instead of the drink package you probably need to average three drinks per person per day to offset the opportunity cost of another perk. If passengers one and two will average four or more drinks per day the drink package is the best value of all the perks.

I am sure that would not be an issue for us!

The three night dining runs around $94.80 to purchase. If you select it as a perk you must pay around $21 gratuity.

You are better off taking the third person free for $399 and the drink package and buying three 3 night dinner packages for $92 each and saving over a hundred bucks.

Edited by Paul Bogle

IMO, the shore excursions credit is not worth it as the cruise charges much more than you can get on your own. I enjoyed the speciality dining on my last cruise, which was to Bermuda.

Maybe use the online booking page to see what is the best value for the 3 of you.

38 minutes ago, scottygirl said:

Thank you everyone for your quick replies!  I think I will chose the drinks and 3rd person free.  

The drink package will be assigned to the first two names on the booking. Make sure you know who you want to have it and put those names first.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scottygirl said:

Thank you everyone for your quick replies!  I think I will chose the drinks and 3rd person free.  

We did this last year and it worked out. We actually had 4 in the room:  2 adults and our two teenage kids. We did save over what it would have cost without that promotion.  I don’t remember how they arranged the room so my drink package was successful as well. 😜

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crazy crazed cruiser said:

All depends on what you consider 'best' and 'value'.  All things equal it is basic simple math to figure out the relative cash value.  After that it comes down to a matter of which items the three of you personally value more.

Since I make a living as an accountant the simple math isn't the issue.  The issue is what the different perks cost if purchased separately.  Not every perk has the same relative cash value. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck and I believe the other posters have answered that question for me.

2 hours ago, scottygirl said:

The 3rd person can pay for drinks a la carte which is probably better than having them buy (split the cost of) a drink package. 

For dining, the 3rd person would probably be better off buying a 3SDP instead of paying a la carte. 

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1