TRANSATLANTIC WEATHER APRIL MAY 2019

I am considering a trans Atlantic cruise to Ireland and Belgium in late April and May. I am wondering if someone could advise me about the weather on the ocean and the ports.

The Ports include Dublin, Ireland, Havre Paris, France, and London, and and Brussesls. It departs from New York City.

Gina L

3 hours ago, ginawech said:

I am considering a trans Atlantic cruise to Ireland and Belgium in late April and May. I am wondering if someone could advise me about the weather on the ocean and the ports.

The Ports include Dublin, Ireland, Havre Paris, France, and London, and and Brussesls. It departs from New York City.

Gina L

Is this on NCL Pearl ... April 28th - May 11th?  It sounds exactly like the cruise me and my friend are on.  

I too am a little uneasy about the weather.  But not enough to NOT go.  It is too exciting and too much of an adventure.  Come on ... JOIN US!!!  

Yes, it is. I am 67 married and my husband is agreeable but a bit concerned. After getting to Brussels I am considering flying back to Ireland for a few days and then to London. I would fly back to NYC from London.

A cruise consultant from Norwegian has hooked me up with a great site. www.skyscanner.com for finding flights, hotels, etc. 

I have put a hold on the trip and emailed the consultant. I have about $1000+ ready to put down on it already. I live in southern Delaware and would take a train from Wilmington to Manhattan  AMTRAK station which I saw was very close to the NCL Harbor.

Gina L 

Have crossed the Atlantic many times and probably never seen the same weather, as it can vary every week. However, in April/May it might be better than the middle of winter.

Dublin - suggest getting a shuttle into town and jumping on a Ho/Ho bus - they have 3 different companies.

LeHavre - tours to Paris are long (3 hrs each way), so suggest Hornfleur or Normandy Beaches

London - unlikely you will dock in London - probably Southampton, Dover or Tilbury. London is an amazing city if you get downtown, suggest using the Tube.

Brussels - Brussels isn't a port, so you are probably docking in Zeebrugge or Antwerp. Suggest looking at Bruges

Edited by Heidi13

2 hours ago, ginawech said:

Yes, it is. I am 67 married and my husband is agreeable but a bit concerned. After getting to Brussels I am considering flying back to Ireland for a few days and then to London. I would fly back to NYC from London.

A cruise consultant from Norwegian has hooked me up with a great site. www.skyscanner.com for finding flights, hotels, etc. 

I have put a hold on the trip and emailed the consultant. I have about $1000+ ready to put down on it already. I live in southern Delaware and would take a train from Wilmington to Manhattan  AMTRAK station which I saw was very close to the NCL Harbor.

Gina L 

Won't you get off in Amsterdam with the rest of the cruise?  I am flying to Dublin from Amsterdam.  I will have 3 days on my own and then meet up with a land tour for 2 weeks touring Northern Ireland.  This is a bucket list trip for me.  

2 hours ago, ginawech said:

Yes I am but I don’t know about that tour.

That Ireland tour that I'm going on isn't part of the cruise.  It is something separate.  But you mentioned getting off the ship and spending a few days in Ireland.  I have 3 days in Ireland on my own until the land tour meets in Dublin.  Just thought you might be there the same time I am. 

11 hours ago, CruiseGal999 said:

Is this on NCL Pearl ... April 28th - May 11th?  It sounds exactly like the cruise me and my friend are on.  

I too am a little uneasy about the weather.  But not enough to NOT go.  It is too exciting and too much of an adventure.  Come on ... JOIN US!!!  

5 hours ago, CruiseGal999 said:

That Ireland tour that I'm going on isn't part of the cruise.  It is something separate.  But you mentioned getting off the ship and spending a few days in Ireland.  I have 3 days in Ireland on my own until the land tour meets in Dublin.  Just thought you might be there the same time I am. 

4 minutes ago, ginawech said:

I might be. I am traveling on my own.

We too will be crossing Roundtrip. First, April 7-20 Eastbound. We, however, LOVE the rollicking Seas if they come. Thence to snoop in Ireland independently and QueenMary2 back to NYC early May. Captains can and do deviate course if need be. Ship stabilizers can make cruising Atlantic quite nice, IMHO. LocoLoco1 TOM