New Passport Rules for the UK

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Thanks Mic, we won't have to queue with the 'Aliens' then, we can line up with the poms.😆  Rule Brittannia.

Great news as UK immigration can be painstaking! I wish they could give us a definitive date that the change will take place, as all correspondence is so ambiguous “should be ready for the Summer”. 

Won’t hold my breath for an announcement though as that is the least of the UK’s priorities with Brexit looming. 

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Mic, we won't have to queue with the 'Aliens' then, we can line up with the poms.😆  Rule Brittannia.

That is what I am thinking, and those EU people may be kicked to the Aliens queue

2 hours ago, cruisin-m said:

Great news as UK immigration can be painstaking! I wish they could give us a definitive date that the change will take place, as all correspondence is so ambiguous “should be ready for the Summer”. 

Won’t hold my breath for an announcement though as that is the least of the UK’s priorities with Brexit looming. 

yep, I imagine it will be June 1st but wouldn't hold your breath.

Fingers crossed change is in effect before my trip in late July.  Last time I was in the immigration queue for nearly 2 hours, yikes, driver we had organised had left as he thought we weren’t coming, luggage was left in the aisles for collection, so then another 45 minutes wait for driver to come back and collect us, just a nightmare.  Custom guy was friendly and apologetic but after nearly 2 hours wait On top of a nearly 24 hour flight I was passed smiling and small talk....

16 hours ago, Kangakid said:

Fingers crossed change is in effect before my trip in late July.  Last time I was in the immigration queue for nearly 2 hours, yikes, driver we had organised had left as he thought we weren’t coming, luggage was left in the aisles for collection, so then another 45 minutes wait for driver to come back and collect us, just a nightmare.  Custom guy was friendly and apologetic but after nearly 2 hours wait On top of a nearly 24 hour flight I was passed smiling and small talk....

We were at Heefrow last May, landed on Cathay Pacific about 3pm, must have been lucky this time, 30 minutes only to get processed, I was in the LHR Premier Inn by 4.30pm having an icy cold pint of Thatchers cider.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

We were at Heefrow last May, landed on Cathay Pacific about 3pm, must have been lucky this time, 30 minutes only to get processed, I was in the LHR Premier Inn by 4.30pm having an icy cold pint of Thatchers cider.

sounds good.

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

My mistake was early morning flight arrival from Zurich with the early morning Asian flights arrivals.  I was travelling without HWMBO or else could have gone through the UK citizens path, which had no wait time....wish me luck in July....and yes Uncle Les will definitely bring food parcels.....just in case the relos are in need of substance....

3 minutes ago, Kangakid said:

My mistake was early morning flight arrival from Zurich with the early morning Asian flights arrivals.  I was travelling without HWMBO or else could have gone through the UK citizens path, which had no wait time....wish me luck in July....and yes Uncle Les will definitely bring food parcels.....just in case the relos are in need of substance....

The relatives may not thank you for Vegemite.

12 hours ago, Kangakid said:

Perhaps you should take in a few of these to the famished in starving Britain.

download.jpg

Edited by NSWP

9 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Greggs will keep them in supply.

Oh yes, a Greggs in every town, they must keep turning out their products otherwise there will be a  revolution in UK.

Edited by NSWP

• 2 months later...

The British High Commission has announced electronic passport gates are now available for Aussies carrying electronically enabled passports.”

says they are also also looking at removing the requirement for immigration entry cards.

https://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/flights/good-news-we-can-now-avoid-long-airport-queues-at-heathrow/news-story/910a1918f9206aea2065b492713067dd

We disembark Arcadia at ye old Southampton on Easter Sunday 12 April, 2020.  Then have 3 weeks in England with a motor.  From previous experience,  UK immigration often board the P&O ships at last port, in our case Lisbon.  Even if they don't process in Southampton is pretty good, with or without an Aliens line.🤡

Edited by NSWP

Its certainly got to be better than the old System, thank god the old man was a pom so I've got dual nationality which certainly comes in handy in going to some countries. Example , South Africa requires a Visa for Kiwis but not for English passport holders  , Turkey lets Kiwis in Visa free where Poms have to pay for a visa at US$20.

18 hours ago, kowhairob said:

Its certainly got to be better than the old System, thank god the old man was a pom so I've got dual nationality which certainly comes in handy in going to some countries. Example , South Africa requires a Visa for Kiwis but not for English passport holders  , Turkey lets Kiwis in Visa free where Poms have to pay for a visa at US$20.

Best of both worlds.

Very busy photo. Last May we de planed at T3 Heathrow around 3pm, in the Premier Inn Hotel by 4.30pm, bit of a quiet window.

When we fly out of T2 at Heefrow, next May 3, we stay the night before at the brand new Hilton Garden Hotel, right at T2, only 100m walk.  As one gets older one has to make one's travels easier.

Edited by NSWP