Eclipse questions? Ask here

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Melissa is Captain’s Club Host.  John is Michael’s Club Concierge.  I don’t know about any upcoming changes.

365D891F-4E7E-420E-B7A2-EBFCCBAB0BC2.jpeg

Thank you, the only familiar face or name  is Giuseppe.  When I see Melissa, I may recognize her.  Two or three years ago we had a CC host Melissa and she was wonderful so hopefully it 's her again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, katrina915 said:

What a bummer.

I am a little surprised that they are allowing ship to shore calls to private tour operators.

They did that on Eclipse back in 2011 when there were rough seas in the Bay of Biscay, and they cancelled our port visit to Vigo.  They let us use their land line to contact our private shore excursion tour guides.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

They did that on Eclipse back in 2011 when there were rough seas in the Bay of Biscay, and they cancelled our port visit to Vigo.  They let us use their land line to contact our private shore excursion tour guides.

I remember that one, but loved the ports that were substituted.

They also did that this past October due to weather when we were delayed by a day getting into NY and Bermuda and missed the second day of Bermuda. 

On 15 March 2019 at 6:30 PM, katrina915 said:

I am a little surprised that they are allowing ship to shore calls to private tour operators.

,celebrity have done that before...  We are on the BTB BA to SD, 2020 and would be interested to hear what happened on change over day. We would like to go to Valparaiso for the day if we have time?

They are offering three tours on turnaround day, a full day of Santiago, a half-day of wine country, and a half day to Valporaiso and vina Del Mar . I will assume from that that if you wanted to do Valparaiso on your own it would be possible to hire a car to take you there.

143FE462-4192-4F9C-A7B6-00708A714D26.jpeg

0C067FD1-5D2A-411B-ABE3-5228FE7F1136.jpeg

E43DC03B-F88E-4AC2-BEE4-36C2C47672DA.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A bit of further information. The tours offered on transition day for back to back passengers were mot available to view or book pre-cruise.  We only got that memo about three or four days into the cruise. So you can’t book them ahead of time.

And there are 400 back to back passengers this year!

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much for the information. I knew we would have to book onboard. We were offered the same arrangement when we were BTB in Japan last year and had a great day out with Celebrity. I would rather have a ship's tour on change over day.

• Like 1

Seas have been mostly “Caribbean Calm” But the weather has not been in our favor. We never got to go to Punta Del Este because they were expecting Highwinds. All of the penguin tours in Puerto Madryn were because they had so much rain. In a couple of hours we will be at Cape Horn, but it is so foggy I’m not sure we’ll see anything.

Edited by cruisestitch

All the entertainment has been outstanding, however I do not care for Celebrity’s production shows and I no longer go to them. But the guest entertainers have been wonderful, and the staff entertainers are the best I have seen on a celebrity cruise in many years, the duo, the jazz quartet etc.

To me, eclipse appears to be a happy ship. That is to say the servers, the waiters, everyone is upbeat and positive. I haven’t run into anyone whose mood I would describe as surly. That happens sometimes on some ships because they are so far from home and their families. But here everyone seems to be working as a team.

• Like 3

cruisestitch,

Hi.  Sorry to hear that you missed Punta del Este and the shorex cancellations at Puerto Madryn.  I presume that the bus shuttle from the pier to Puerto Madryn was operating?

I hope your weather at the Horn is not as bad as you fear.

David

Have a wonderful cruise. I'll be boarding her on April 17th for a B2B. 

I notice lots of new staff to me. Kenny Ramos, IMHO is one of the best Executive Chefs in the fleet. He is very accommodating and very passenger friendly.