website glitch or....??

100cruisesorbust

It sounds like you are assuming that the ships aren't certified for more passengers than they were previously accommodating.  Do we know this to be a fact?  The Reflection has additional deck of cabins, does it have more lifeboats or life rafts that the other S-class ships?  If so, perhaps they are also making those changes.

Yes it is published in the fleet guide with exact numbers.

I’ll post it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

Detailed fleet info on the 3/4 passenger differences is at the bottom of this document:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 3.15.46 PM.png

Thanks for the info but this chart that you have in the post doesn't have the same numbers for the Silhouette.  The document in the link actually shows a significant reduction in capacity for the Silhouette which maybe accounts for bigger issues with the Silhouette.  According to the info in the link the maximum passenger capacity is reduced from 3320 to 3182.  The 3/4 passengers are reduced from 434 to 268, but the double capacity is increased from 2886 to 2914.   The Silhouette had a larger 3/4 capacity than the Eclipse or the Equinox but it is now equal to the Eclipse and Equinox.  It looks like someone may have confused some numbers from the Solstice column in making this chart.  

But I can understand that they may have a problem if the are converting 83 3/4 cabins to 2 person cabins.

It is also interesting that they are not re-defining veranda or Aqua class cabin or adding any Aqua cabins.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

5 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks for the info but this chart that you have in the post doesn't have the same numbers for the Silhouette.  The document in the link actually shows a significant reduction in capacity for the Silhouette which maybe accounts for bigger issues with the Silhouette.  According to the info in the link the maximum passenger capacity is reduced from 3320 to 3182.  The 3/4 passengers are reduced from 434 to 268, but the double capacity is increased from 2886 to 2914.   The Silhouette had a larger 3/4 capacity than the Eclipse or the Equinox but it is now equal to the Eclipse and Equinox.  It looks like you may have confused some numbers from the Solstice column in making this chart.  

But I can understand that they may have a problem if the are converting 83 3/4 cabins to 2 person cabins.

I didn't make that chart...it's straight off of the document I linked to. 

I was surprised at the difference in 3/4 cabins on Silhouette compared to the rest of the S class. I wouldn't think Celebrity would sail with all that many cabins with a third or forth person. 

7 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

I didn't make that chart...it's straight off of the document I linked to. 

I was surprised at the difference in 3/4 cabins on Silhouette compared to the rest of the S class. I wouldn't think Celebrity would sail with all that many cabins with a third or forth person. 

You were too quick to respond.  Sorry, I didn't see the smaller chart until after I posted my response.  I went back and changed it, but you were too quick.  But if you believe the large chart they have eliminated a lot of 3/4 cabins and that might be a problem on a ship that's nearly sold out.

15 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

You were too quick to respond.  Sorry, I didn't see the smaller chart until after I posted my response.  I went back and changed it, but you were too quick.  But if you believe the large chart they have eliminated a lot of 3/4 cabins and that might be a problem on a ship that's nearly sold out.

That they have.   I checked and Reflection has a max capacity of 3480 vs 3148 on the other S-Class. 

They have indeed lopped a number of 3/4 cabins. which if you read some of the Millennium and Summit posts are affecting customers with existing reservations.

3 hours ago, BlueLobster said:

Someone from my 2/14/20 Silhoutte sailing just spoke to Celebrity.  Supposedly (and hopefully) they are going through some type of "technical maintenance" and no sailings are being cancelled (other than any previously announced).  Sounds like an IT issue.  Fingers and sea legs crossed that these sailings are not going to be changed!

Have been looking at a few Equinox cruises that have disappeared and got the same response from Celebrity today, “technical maintenance”. Was told they would be back in view on 3/15. We will see 😂

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

That they have.   I checked and Reflection has a max capacity of 3480 vs 3148 on the other S-Class. 

They have indeed lopped a number of 3/4 cabins. which if you read some of the Millennium and Summit posts are affecting customers with existing reservations.

The Silhouette has a maximum of 3182 vs 3148 on the Equinox and the Eclipse after the Revolution.  The chart doesn't have any info on the Solstice or Reflection after the revolution.