Food on the Reflection

Weiland

Hello Peeps I will be going on the Reflection in April and I have started to hear rumblings that that food quality has really fallen since the new Executive Chef started. Reflection was always one of the top ships when it came to food satisfaction so now I am worried. My wife and I were looking forwards with anticipation for this reason and now it sounds like it has changed.

Could you please give me your feedback on what your experience was of the food

Thanks

Just off Reflection and we loved the food in the OVC. and Tuscan Grill. We were aqua class so ate dinners in Blu. The food there was very good except for a couple of nights that offered selections that didn't really interest us. I heard no complaints about food quality in the MDR. 

We were just on Feb.18th. We were not very happy with the food. We ate in the dinning room, but a few nights there really wasn't anything that sounded good to us.

We did eat once in the Lawn Club Grill and it was fairly good. Buffet wasn't great either.

Also just off (yesterday) and had no issues with the food.  If I had to complain I would say there was a lack of variety in the buffet at lunch time. I thought they didn't mix it us a much as I've seen in the past. But the food that was presented was quite good and I thought the indian dishes were better than average.  I also ate in Blu and most of our meals were very good. The lobster was fantastic (so I had 3).  My only problem was an overcooked fillet mignon but it tasted so good I woofed it down anyway.  I did save one slice from the center so our waiter could show the chef  ( ordered Medium rare and this thing didn't even have a hint of pink). I also thought the appetizer selection was a bit odd in Blu this trip. 

• Like 1

Food is so subjective.  I never have had any issues with celebrity, and I am very picky since I worked in the food industry for many years running places. I have found some things I didn’t like but just asked for something else without issue. Do I expect grand incredible food.  No but I think it is great for running 1200 meals out a sitting on the quality that it’s prepared.   Go enjoy and don’t look for issues, many do and it just ruins the experience. 

• Like 1

Just off the Reflection March 1 Mardi Gras Sailing. This is our 11 th Celebrity Cruise, having recently sailed in Suites ( 2) and in Blu three times. 

When we do family cruises it is back to the main dining room and the Oceanview for lunch, and the MDR for breakfast. The Food on the Reflection for dinner in the MDR was superb; sorry to say it was better than in Luminae on our last Reflection sailing in October, just as good as Blu in the past. The menu was a little light on fish, but heavy on beef, with excellent tenderloin, sirloin, beef bourginone and beef Wellington.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back on April 1 from a 10 day cruise, thought food was great both in Opus and OVC. My husband is a beef lover and all beef dishes were served perfectly. I'm a fish eater and there were 2 choices were every night in the MDR (different one nightly plus always available salmon), which were also nicely prepared with the exception of one night's dry drumfish. Rack of lamb and Duck a L'Orange on the 2 chic evenings were excellent also.

Breakfast choices in the OVC were the usual but there were many items to choose from. For lunch, I guess it depends on your taste, but we thought the food in the OVC was very good and quite varied. There was a large Indian selection which had 5-6 different offerings daily and a different ethnic theme every day as well (Creole, Italian, West Indian, etc). Lots of grilled and steamed veggies, some of which were the same but there always a couple of different ones every day, too. Fish choices were the only disappointment. Everyday, there was 1 type of fish, which was never identified, that was prepared the same three ways - jerk, Cajun and lemon pepper.

We had breakfast and lunch in OVC and dinner in MDR. I don't think we ate the same thing twice unless I choose to because it was a favorite. We saw no need to do the specialties because we were so pleased with the other offerings. 

On 3/12/2019 at 3:23 PM, Weiland said:

Hello Peeps I will be going on the Reflection in April and I have started to hear rumblings that that food quality has really fallen since the new Executive Chef started. Reflection was always one of the top ships when it came to food satisfaction so now I am worried. My wife and I were looking forwards with anticipation for this reason and now it sounds like it has changed.

Could you please give me your feedback on what your experience was of the food

Thanks

Just got home April 1. Most of the food we had was good, it depends on your taste. Some things I tried didn’t like. It was our 1st Celebrity cruise, overall we were very pleased 

Enjoy 😉