Can We Make A 10:05am Flight?

CM1984

I can book direct flights from BWI to Tampa round trip for $247.00 total for 2 people.  BUT return flight leaves Tampa at 10:05am.  Other flights will bump our costs $400.00 more with late departure times.

We will be leaving Holland America Rotterdam from Terminal 3. Do you think it is possible, without too much stress 😬😬😬

Thanks for your help!

It's a short drive.  I'd do it.  This question gets asked, what feels like, several times per week here and I don't think we have had one single person NOT make a flight.  We even get people who come on who make crazy flights like 8AM.

To relieve stress, just plan on getting up early and standing in self-disembark line early.  I'm not sure what time your ship disembarks, but if it's 7AM, I'd get in line at 6AM.   You would be at the airport with time to spare.

If the ship is late or extended delays, of course you could miss your flight.  But under normal circumstances, you can easily make it.  Ships are not normally late and are generally right on time, as shore staff is all scheduled, customs officers, etc.  It's not normal to be late.

Get in line an hour before debarkation, carry your bags off, hop in a cab and you'll be just fine.  Unless you have a late debarkation.  Please check your times of course.

If something very unusual happens, well, you miss your flight.  Go to the counter, get on another flight.  But as I said, still haven't heard that story yet and at least 50 times I've seen this asked on this forum.

Edited by BNBR

37 minutes ago, Capt_BJ said:

what day of the week?

weekend .... maybe

weekday ... unlikely

Tampa weekday morning traffic is not nice

I would not book it

Its a Sunday return, BUT after I posted this, I added the things like seat selection, carry on and baggage, priced jump to over $600......

Our original plan was to drive it in 2 days each way, we are going back to that plan... 

Thanks for your responses.