Renting scooters... no flames please

celebrity

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

The problem is as we've seen it are the narrow crowded areas onboard and the "speed" at which some scooter driver's use. Perhaps if they would "slow" down and keep to the right it would cut down on incidents. 

Perhaps the solution is speed limiters?  The average walking pace for a healthy human is 3 miles per hour.  I've seen how fast these devices can go.  Limiting them to the average walking speed should prevent at least some mishaps. 

Edited by K32682
  • Like 2

I realize that scooters can be a problem when you have a thoughtless person in control.

I like the idea of speed limits regulating their speed to help limit injury.

The reality is we live in a world where there are all kinds of people and some are handicap and REQUIRE a scooter. But just because they need one doesn't mean they aren't responsible for their actions just like everyone else.

Everyone needs to be considerate of others and that means handicaps as well  as those that can walk.

I have never been attacked by a scooter one a cruise but I was run over in a grocery store.

On 3/12/2019 at 10:25 PM, Kartgv said:

One of the reasons we said "No More" after 1 Carnival cruise was the passenger on a scooter who literally raced around the halls beeping a horn; people had to almost knock each other over just to get out of the way in time.   Even after multiple complaints, Carnival did nothing to stop her.   Hope the injured passenger on your cruise is OK.    

Extend arm in path.   Called a clothesline tackle in football.

• Haha 2