Has this happened to you?

mojavetex

We got an email (like others did) that the departure time on our Dream cruise had changed.  So I decided to just look at the port times on our cruises.  Noticed that one of our port times had changed on our cruise 3 months out.  Never had that happen before.  I guess that is something to watch for especially if you are not booking an excursion through Carnival which we are not.  Luckily, we have not booked our excursion yet.

Yes this has happened to us. In fact, we had a port change (rather a day change) same port different day. This port had a brewery which I was looking forward to, and when we got there the brewery was CLOSED :classic_angry:. Furthermore, a lot of things were closed in this port? We later found out from a local bar which was open that told us this ship was scheduled to come tomorrow not today, so the locals were not ready for us . This was Alaska and the end of the season and the cruise line never informed Sitka of the change.

59 minutes ago, mojavetex said:

We got an email (like others did) that the departure time on our Dream cruise had changed.  So I decided to just look at the port times on our cruises.  Noticed that one of our port times had changed on our cruise 3 months out.  Never had that happen before.  I guess that is something to watch for especially if you are not booking an excursion through Carnival which we are not.  Luckily, we have not booked our excursion yet.

We had it happen twice on future bookings in the past 6 months, also one port switch. Is what it is.