Upgrade offers?

Bingobaby0

I received an email with an upgrade offer to go from inside cabin on Deck 6, to Oceanview on Dec 2 for $85.   I turned down the offer because I didn't want to go to a lower deck since we are a group and all are on deck 6.

Any chance I might receive another upgrade offer, or do you only get one offer per cruise?  Just curious....

For my upcoming cruise in April, I have received 4 upsell offers. The first was from inside to OV for $36 (which I took), the next three were to balcony for $244, $264, and $222, respectively. I did not decline either, rather just ignored them. I'm wondering if some pax don't get subsequent offers because they actually turn down the offer as apposed to ignoring them altogether?

Edited by jwcruise1
added text
  • Like 1

You may get some more offers.  Last year when I booked my cruise for this May, two weeks later I received upgrades from Cove balcony to a regular balcony on higher decks. I took it.  Then another two months later, I received another offer but declined.  Today I just got another email to move up one deck higher for $26 but I declined since I'm doing a back to back and I want to stay on the same floor as my second leg which is only an interior room.  But I would gladly take an offer for my interior room to a balcony if offered again.

For our cruise just completed on March 3, we received an upsell offer to go from an inside on deck 7 to an ocean view on deck 5 for $80.  No deal.  2 days before sailing we received another offer to go from inside to ocean view on same deck across the hall for $40.  We took that offer.  We have received an upsell offer on our last three cruises since 2016.  My PVP says it is fairy dust. 

1 hour ago, Bostwick girl said:

Lol, you're lucky you even get one upgrade offer! I've cruised for years and have only gotten 3, and those are few and far between. No rhyme or reason to how they choose who gets offers. Enjoy your cruise!

I am sure Carnival has some kind of software program that analyzes passengers, cabins occupied, cabin types, and cabins available when offering upsells.

2 hours ago, Bostwick girl said:

Lol, you're lucky you even get one upgrade offer! I've cruised for years and have only gotten 3, and those are few and far between. No rhyme or reason to how they choose who gets offers. Enjoy your cruise!

Plenty of reason, Carnival either wants to resell your specific stateroom or needs it for another guest.  Interiors across from balconies and suites are frequently wanted back from Carnival to book minor children across the hall from  parents.