Upgrade bid experiences

Grandma Cruising

59 minutes ago, jaceyar said:

We booked a Veranda cabin for 25th Feb & 7th March B2B.

Invited to upgrade on 24th Jan.

Bid £520pp for a CC Suite.

We are Discovery.

Success today for 25th sailing.

The 7th March cruise is full I think, so may not be successful for that one. 🤞

Thanks, added to spreadsheet. I think you’re right about 7 March cruise - I was surprised at the invitation to bid.

29 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Thanks, added to spreadsheet. I think you’re right about 7 March cruise - I was surprised at the invitation to bid.

Where are you from in E.Yorkshire? I grew up in Cottingham and went to school in Beverley.

Jacqui

2 hours ago, jaceyar said:

Where are you from in E.Yorkshire? I grew up in Cottingham and went to school in Beverley.

Jacqui

We live in North Ferriby, I’ve lived here on and off since I was 4. Nick grew up in Hessle and we both went to school in Hull.

Its a small world, isn’t it! Looking forwards to meeting you in March!.

I booked a midship ocean view no restrictions for my cruise with the Pursuit. I made an offer for an upgrade to veranda. My offer was weak but since I was cruising solo my offer had to be multiplied by two. I have got an upgrade 48 hours before sailing to a V3. I am discoverer plus.

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

I booked a midship ocean view no restrictions for my cruise with the Pursuit. I made an offer for an upgrade to veranda. My offer was weak but since I was cruising solo my offer had to be multiplied by two. I have got an upgrade 48 hours before sailing to a V3. I am discoverer plus.

Ivi

Hi Ivi

Can you tell me which cruise this was on - date & where it was, also how much you bid, so I can add the information to the spreadsheet.

thanks

Denise

Guest Cooper2020

Club Continent Suite  N1 on 28th February 2023 Onward 11 nights  crossing.  Lowest bid (£1085.00 each) for spa suite.  Bid accepted.   Discovery Plus and partner Discovery.  

1 hour ago, Cooper2020 said:

Club Continent Suite  N1 on 28th February 2023 Onward 11 nights  crossing.  Lowest bid (£1085.00 each) for spa suite.  Bid accepted.   Discovery Plus and partner Discovery.  

Thanks & congratulations. All added to spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

Bid date: 24 January 23

Cruise date: 6 February 23

Destination: Australia

Cruise length: 13 nights

Loyalty level: Discoverer

Minimum bid: $400

Amount bid: $480

Cabin type booked: OV

Cabin type bid for: Veranda

Outcome: Unsuccessful

Also bid for Veranda Plus

Minimum bid: $600

Amount bid: $610

2 hours ago, redrose2 said:

Bid date: 24 January 23

Cruise date: 6 February 23

Destination: Australia

Cruise length: 13 nights

Loyalty level: Discoverer

Minimum bid: $400

Amount bid: $480

Cabin type booked: OV

Cabin type bid for: Veranda

Also bid for Veranda Plus

Minimum bid: $600

Amount bid: $610

Thanks, all added to the spreadsheet. Can I just check - was the amount of the minimum bid, and the bids made, per person or in total?

Bid date: 27 January 23

Cruise date: 19 March 23

Destination: Asia (Japan)

Cruise length: 15 nights

Loyalty level: Adventurer

Minimum bid: $800 (total)

Amount bid: $900 (total)

Cabin type booked: Veranda (V2)

Cabin type bid for: CC

Outcome: Successful

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Drebay said:

Bid date: 27 January 23

Cruise date: 19 March 23

Destination: Asia (Japan)

Cruise length: 15 nights

Loyalty level: Adventurer

Minimum bid: $800 (total)

Amount bid: $900 (total)

Cabin type booked: Veranda (V2)

Cabin type bid for: CC

Outcome: Successful

Thanks, added to the spreadsheet

Bid made.            24 January 23

Cruise date.         7 March 23

Cruise length.      16 nights

Loyalty level.        Discoverer

Minimum bid.        $395 (£320)

Bid made.             $480 (£390)

Cabin booked.      Ocean View

Cabin bid for.        Veranda

Result.                   Unsuccessful

Cruise region.        Transatlantic

Also made a bid for a Veranda Plus for this cruise. Minimum bid was $592 (£480). We bid $875 (£710). Also unsuccessful. Notified the result of both bids early on embarkation day.

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Bid made.            24 January 23

Cruise date.         7 March 23

Cruise length.      16 nights

Loyalty level.        Discoverer

Minimum bid.        $395 (£320)

Bid made.             $480 (£390)

Cabin booked.      Ocean View

Cabin bid for.        Veranda

Result.                   Unsuccessful

Cruise region.        Transatlantic

Also made a bid for a Veranda Plus for this cruise. Minimum bid was $592 (£480). We bid $875 (£710). Also unsuccessful. Notified the result of both bids early on embarkation day.

I don’t know why those offers were even made, since the cruise was sold out!!

12 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

don’t know why those offers were even made, since the cruise was sold out!!

Not just Azamara, but other lines also, post possible upgrades in case there are cancellations.

Bid the minimum ($1700pp) for upgrade to club ocean suite from club continental on Quest mar 7, 2023 12 day cruise. Bid successful. The good: we are traveling with daughter (17) so the extra privacy is great. The bad: did not read carefully enough to realize I was bidding $1700 per person vs total. A bit of sticker shock. Oh and we are discoverer. 

Edited by jenniparks

11 minutes ago, jenniparks said:

Bid the minimum ($1700pp) for upgrade to club ocean suite from club continental on Quest mar 7, 2023 12 day cruise. Bid successful. The good: we are traveling with daughter (17) so the extra privacy is great. The bad: did not read carefully enough to realize I was bidding $1700 per person vs total. A bit of sticker shock. Oh and we are discoverer. 

Thanks, all added to spreadsheet. Can you tell me what region the cruise is in?

Here’s the link again https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEoojQ5-EPmD4cI3gw1dVcYfYTXfZePdDXxU09l0H3M/edit

• Like 1

8 hours ago, roger b said:

What are the chances of being offered an up sell from a balcony to a suite on Nov sailing  on Pursuit from Canaries to Cape town,plenty of cabins at the moment and this cruise is not an easy sell.

Given that I've just been offered the opportunity to bid on (amongst others) a Spa Suite for an April departure that has been sold out since I booked in January, I think the chance of being offered an up-sell are very high.  Whether anyone's bid gets accepted will depend on those in that category also being offered, bidding and having their own bid accepted on a yet higher category.

So the chance to offer comes freely even on a heavily booked sailing.  For a lighter one it must be a near certainty!  Their objective is to maximise revenue; if there is anything free they're going to be asking for offers for it (and anything below in the hope that it in turn comes free).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an FYI, in case this happens to someone else. We had bid for an upgrade on our current cruise. About a week and a half before our cruise began, our credit card that we normally use for cruises had a fraudulent charge, and we had to have it replaced. In the meantime, our bid was accepted, but of course the charge was declined since it was on the old credit card, and they didn’t have the details of the one we are using instead. So no upgrade for us this time! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

Just an FYI, in case this happens to someone else. We had bid for an upgrade on our current cruise. About a week and a half before our cruise began, our credit card that we normally use for cruises had a fraudulent charge, and we had to have it replaced. In the meantime, our bid was accepted, but of course the charge was declined since it was on the old credit card, and they didn’t have the details of the one we are using instead. So no upgrade for us this time! 

Oh what a shame!