Hotels in Yokohama?

almostnewtocruise

Our cruise starts in Yokohama and,  as we plan to arrive to Japan only one day ahead of it, we would like to go directly from the airport to Yokohama .

Any suggestions for a hotels  in Yokohama? ( convenient for some sightseeing and reasonable priced)

Also any information about the transfer from Narita to Yokohama will be appreciated.

12 hours ago, almostnewtocruise said:

Our cruise starts in Yokohama and,  as we plan to arrive to Japan only one day ahead of it, we would like to go directly from the airport to Yokohama .

Any suggestions for a hotels  in Yokohama? ( convenient for some sightseeing and reasonable priced)

Also any information about the transfer from Narita to Yokohama will be appreciated.

We are staying at the Hotel New Grand.  The Limo/bus takes you from Narita and will drop you off at the Hotel New Grand.  The port at Yokohama is from what I have been told a 15-20 minute easy walk from the hotel.  Or a short taxi ride.  

3 hours ago, Rina155 said:

We are staying at the Hotel New Grand.  The Limo/bus takes you from Narita and will drop you off at the Hotel New Grand.  The port at Yokohama is from what I have been told a 15-20 minute easy walk from the hotel.  Or a short taxi ride.  

Rina, thanks for the info.

By the way, have you booked  already the Limo/bus for the trip to Yokohama? Or are you going to do that on the day of your arrival?

We’re in Yokohama now. Staying tonight at the Hotel JAL. Basic double room for two was 9500 yen or about $113 CAD. Small, basic but it’s only one night!

We flew to Haneda Airport in Yokohama instead of Narita. The ticket counter for the bus was just outside the final customs/immigration stop. Bus tickets were 1440 yen about $18 CAD for 2. It was about a 25 minute drive to our stop which was Osenbashi Pier. Our hotel was a 10 minute walk away from the pier. Closer to Chinatown. Heading to Chinatown soon for dinner. We board Diamond Princess tomorrow. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, almostnewtocruise said:

Rina, thanks for the info.

By the way, have you booked  already the Limo/bus for the trip to Yokohama? Or are you going to do that on the day of your arrival?

Hi, I plan to purchase the day of our arrival. I didn’t want to lock us in to a specific time just in case there are any delays.  However when I purchase the bus to the hotel I will purchase our return to the airport as when we are returning it will be during the beginning of Golden Week.

The Limousine bus does have a website if you google it will provide schedules,timeframes for travel and cost as well as the option to purchase ahead of time.

Edited by Rina155
Added information

If you are getting off at Hotel New Grand in Yokohama using the airport limo bus, make sure you tell them that you want the bus that goes to Hotel New Grand. Otherwise, they may sell you tickets of buses that get to YCAT as their final destination. The staff at the counter were not aware of the buses that go to Hotel New Grand, which are not as frequent as the YCAT buses. Hotel New Grand is at a great location, right across from Yamashita Park and couple of blocks from Chinatown.

1 hour ago, ROCruiser said:

If you are getting off at Hotel New Grand in Yokohama using the airport limo bus, make sure you tell them that you want the bus that goes to Hotel New Grand. Otherwise, they may sell you tickets of buses that get to YCAT as their final destination. The staff at the counter were not aware of the buses that go to Hotel New Grand, which are not as frequent as the YCAT buses. Hotel New Grand is at a great location, right across from Yamashita Park and couple of blocks from Chinatown.

Thank you so much for this tip!  I will make sure they get me on the correct bus.  What a surprise that would be after 12 hours of travel!

We booked the Grand Central. Thanks everybody for the great tips about hotels and transfers! (ROCruiser, from the website I "suspected" that there were 2 different routes for their buses but I wasn't sure :classic_unsure:)

This is indeed THE place to get valuable advice about anything connected with cruising, so thanks again!

miriam

20 hours ago, almostnewtocruise said:

We booked the Grand Central. Thanks everybody for the great tips about hotels and transfers! (ROCruiser, from the website I "suspected" that there were 2 different routes for their buses but I wasn't sure :classic_unsure:)

This is indeed THE place to get valuable advice about anything connected with cruising, so thanks again!

miriam

Hi, Miriam,

I am not sure where the Grand Central is in Yokohama. Can't find it on Google map either. Just make sure that if Grand Central is closer to YCAT Yokohama or  Hotel New Grand so you can get as close to your hotel as possible. They do have different routes to Yokohama, with most frequent buses going to YCAT. We had to wait at Narita Airport for a little over an hour to catch the bus to Hotel New Grand, which was the stop we wanted. The bus we took made 2 stops at the two terminals at Haneda after leaving Narita and then the third stop was Hotel New Grand. 

Have a wonderful trip!

3 hours ago, ROCruiser said:

Hi, Miriam,

I am not sure where the Grand Central is in Yokohama. Can't find it on Google map either. Just make sure that if Grand Central is closer to YCAT Yokohama or  Hotel New Grand so you can get as close to your hotel as possible. They do have different routes to Yokohama, with most frequent buses going to YCAT. We had to wait at Narita Airport for a little over an hour to catch the bus to Hotel New Grand, which was the stop we wanted. The bus we took made 2 stops at the two terminals at Haneda after leaving Narita and then the third stop was Hotel New Grand. 

Have a wonderful trip!

Ohhhh.. Sorry!! When I said we booked the Grand Central , I meant the New Grand  Hotel! I suppose viewing all the hotels (and I viewed a LOT! :classic_biggrin:) made me confused when I wrote the above post.  I know that the bus to YCAT Yokohama has several stops at different hotels (looked them up too, but didn't find anything more attractive than the New Grand, especially the location). 

Thanks for the very useful tips about "our" bus. We'll wait patiently for the right one!

Do you have any tips about hotels in Tokyo?? We plan to be there later on in November.. :classic_unsure:

miriam

9 hours ago, almostnewtocruise said:

Ohhhh.. Sorry!! When I said we booked the Grand Central , I meant the New Grand  Hotel! I suppose viewing all the hotels (and I viewed a LOT! :classic_biggrin:) made me confused when I wrote the above post.  I know that the bus to YCAT Yokohama has several stops at different hotels (looked them up too, but didn't find anything more attractive than the New Grand, especially the location). 

Thanks for the very useful tips about "our" bus. We'll wait patiently for the right one!

Do you have any tips about hotels in Tokyo?? We plan to be there later on in November.. :classic_unsure:

miriam

Great!

We have stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku a couple of times. It's centrally located, walking distance to the Tokyo Metro Government Building for the free viewing deck on top. They also have free shuttles between the hotel and Shinjuku station. We also liked to stay at the Minato-ku area, not as busy but can get to all sights using trains, subways, etc. with stations nearby. Intercontinental and Bayside Hotel were the ones we have stayed in that area. I am sure others will have great suggestions also. Enjoy!

Sorry! Forgot to mention that Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku is the last stop on the Aiport Limousine bus route. Stop right at the entrance of the hotel and the staff will come out to help with luggage. Very convenient.

Intercontinental Tokyo Bay also have stops on the Aiport Limousine buses from Narita and Haneda, I believe. We did not use the limousine bus when we stayed there though.

Just disembarked Diamond.  There is a free bus shuttle to Sakuragicho station, but any other transportation looks like pre-arranged or taxi. 

We did the free shuttle & will be taking the train/ subway into Shinjuku to our airbnb apartment. 

There’s an app called Rome2rio that is working very nicely for train/subway/bus info. We also booked a pocket wifi device to use - works great with our iphones.