True that if you book new cruise within 2 wks. of cruising $100 onboard credit?

AmberTeka

We are just of off the Elation. It was Spring Break. Crammed to the gills. We had a great time. College kids were well behaved with the exception of some girls who liked to walk around in thongs. I kid you not.  I will write a review tomorrow. It will be very favorable. It was a great cruise.  Thanks for the information.

Edited by AmberTeka
spelling

3 hours ago, dmdiver said:

Not sure what thongs have to do with OBC, but I've never heard of that being a benefit of booking 2 weeks out.  The closest we've ever booked was 3 weeks out - nothing special about that.

Not for booking two weeks out, but within two weeks of returning from a cruise. This is now in lieu of booking while on a cruise to get some OBC.

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Not for booking two weeks out, but within two weeks of returning from a cruise. This is now in lieu of booking while on a cruise to get some OBC.

Oh, now I see, I was reading it as a last minute booking within 2 weeks of departure.  I do remember getting emails about that, but I've never paid much attention to them, as I'm not ready to decide my next vacation that soon after coming back from one.

10 hours ago, beachbum53 said:

Not quite true. Sometimes Carnival will have a promotion for booking a cruise that includes up to $50.00 OBC per booking, depending on the length of the cruise. "2Shoes2Go" has it right.

2Shoes2Go has it right for booking within 2 weeks after your cruise ends, which is what the OP mentioned. The incentives for booking onboard used to be much better than the current offer. But I can’t blame Carnival for decreasing the incentive to book right away since they are still filling their ships. And their decreased incentive still works for passengers like me. We currently have  a bunch of cruises booked on Carnival between now and February 2021, all booked as ES after finishing a cruise. 

Yes the offer we usually get right after coming back from a cruise is valid for either 7 or 14 days depending on what they send you. You get $50 obc if you book a stateroom from interior to balcony and a $100 obc if you book a suite. I think its also like 20% off or something like that. I know when I do this my suites are usually about the same price as a balcony when doing a mock booking.

16 hours ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

The OBC for ES is only $50 now for 7 days and $25 for shorter ones. They gutted it! 😩

You gutted it even further by failing to mention that along with Early Saver pricing, a 2 Category upgrade is also included.

On a Fantasy Class ship you can pay for a Main Deck 5 cabin and sail 2 decks up higher on Empress Deck 7

On a Conquest Class ship you can pay for a Deck 2 Main Inside and sail 4 decks higher in a Deck 6 Upper OR pay for a Deck 8 Veranda Balcony and sail on Deck 9 / Deck 10 Lido or Panorama Balcony.

On a Spirit Class ship you can pay for a Standard 8E / 8F Balcony and sail 2 categories up in an 8J / 8K Extended balcony.

True the previous Book Onboard  OBC was higher it did not include the 2 Category upgrade.

These upgrades may not have a $$ value to you, but to some people it does.