Safe To Bring Laptop???

TwoPointDoe

I want to bring my laptop on the Destiny for a couple reasons. 1 to watch movies during the 10 flight to San Juan and 2 to download photos from my 2 memory cards.

Are the cabins safe to leave a laptop in?

Thanks in advance for your help

Janna

People do it all of the time.

Some just leave them out, others put them in the safe if it is large enough.

We do not take one along, but it must be safe enough.

We never worried about our expensive camera equipment, and never hid it or put it in the safe. No problem at all.

I'm sure things do happen from time to time, but it must be very a very rare thing - not usual at all.

You could probably do a search - Enter "Laptop" and see what you come up with.

Good luck!:)

We've had our laptop on 4 cruises, to Norway with 4 nights in hotels and 12 nights on a ship and just back from the Danube with 6 nights on the river and 3 nights in a hotel. We've always just kept ours on the desk in the cabin/room and have never had a problem. Maybe we've just been lucky, but that's a lot of days sitting out.

We bring ours but we lock it up with a kingston lock....

Most if not all laptops have a little hole in the top left corner ( with a little K by it )... the lock hooks into that hole and the cable wraps around anything you want to attach it to.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=1657702&cid=85438&fp=F

We have always taken our laptop for several reasons.It can be used as an alarm clock (a free program we found online) the screensaver provides the perfect amount of light to equal a nite light, a CD player, DVD player, & download photos. I know there are a couple of other things I am forgetting, I just cant think of them at the moment.

We have always kept ours on the lap drawer of the vanity/desk in the stateroom. I would never leave it in plain sight. I am not worried about the stateroom attendent, but they are like hotels and do leave the door open while cleaning and I dont want everyone on the ship knowing there may be something valuable in my room.

I want to bring my laptop on the Destiny for a couple reasons. 1 to watch movies during the 10 flight to San Juan and 2 to download photos from my 2 memory cards. Are the cabins safe to leave a laptop in? Thanks in advance for your help Janna

Never done Carnival, but all the other lines we've done have not been a problem. I leave it in the desk drawer (got a small 12"er for weight) when not in use, and also to not keep the desk cluttered. Never had a problem.

We took our laptop on our last cruise (3 back to backs). We mainly wanted to use it to download from the memory in our new digital camera. There was no problem with safety, but we felt it took too much of our time. Since then we have purchased enough memory for 2500 pictures and we don't take the laptop when traveling. Since then we took a 1 month Asia tour (not cruise). We seemed to be taking more pictures than anyone else in our group and only took 1200 pictures.

Never done Carnival, but all the other lines we've done have not been a problem. I leave it in the desk drawer (got a small 12"er for weight) when not in use, and also to not keep the desk cluttered. Never had a problem.

Chasetf, what kind of laptop did you purchase? I'm looking for something small to take on our upcoming cruise. I would be using it mostily for downloading and cd burning of photos. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived